08 Liberty/N Y Auto Show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking Amtrack down there for the Auto Show. Just thinking - not sure yet - have to check finances.

It is 4/6 to 4/15. I would have to go on a Saturday or Sunday so that's either 4/7 or 4/8 or 4/14 or the 15th which is the last day.

Admission is $14 but the train tickets might kill me. I'll be able to get real pizza down there though, ha ha.

Just thinking.

Any of you guys down there going???

Dave

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now that I see the 08 Libby is going to be there, I would honestly consider it, since I'm only about 75 miles from New York City. I myself am more interested in the interior; specifically if they are going to have that full time 4 wheel drive crap like in the new grand cherokees and commander, or if they will still give me command trac.......Might make the difference for me in purchasing an 08 liberty or a nitro.....since my wife just got her nitro r/t, and it's pretty nice....

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Interior will be similar... disappointingly similar in fact. ](*,) There have been spy shots posted of it.

Command-Trac (should) stay... I think.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, my GF wants to go so we're definitely going. We're going to drive to Poughkeepsie and take the Metro North from there. Not sure what day yet.

When we figure it out I'll post back and if anyone wants to meet down there I'll give you my cell#. I'll need to get the train schedules etc and decide. There's pleanty of time to decide.

Dave

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
I'll be able to get real pizza down there though, ha ha.

Real pizza comes from Chicago! =P~

Enjoy your trip. Can you try to check the front diff To see if it is aluminum like ours, or iron like the Grand Cherokee? :-k

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
y'all comin' down to the auto show eh...might trek the 30 min train+walk for me.....LoL

Yeaaaa......us upstate hicks are coming down there. It will probably take us 4 hours to get to the show so don't stand in front of the door when we get there, ha ha .....................

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
y'all comin' down to the auto show eh...might trek the 30 min train+walk for me.....LoL

Uhhhhh....if you're in NYC, you might wanna change your "Location" under your avatar...67 and change North is like...above the arctic circle lol...unless you're santa claus and you're just vacationing in NYC for awhile \:D/ .

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SnowgodCCR said:
-=JoN=- said:

Uhhhhh....if you're in NYC, you might wanna change your "Location" under your avatar...67 and change North is like...above the arctic circle lol...unless you're santa claus and you're just vacationing in NYC for awhile \:D/ .

Yeah, I plugged "67°20'N 14°40'E" into google earth, and ended up in northern Norway, in a very unpopulated area not too far from the North Sea.
Looked like good Jeepin' territory, though! \:D/

The WTC site is at 40°42'42"North 74°00'44"West.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
He posted somewhere it was a special place.. That's what I remember

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
He posted somewhere it was a special place.. That's what I remember

yep he got that right...

anyway y'all wanna meet up w/ some locals?

could be a fun JeepKJ goes to the Auto-show thing...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, let's do that!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm game to meet up.

I'm not sure what day we're goin yet but will figure it out soon and post back and I will give you guys my cell#. Gotta get it ironed out with my GF.

Dave

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Dave said:
Yea, I'm game to meet up.

I'm not sure what day we're goin yet but will figure it out soon and post back and I will give you guys my cell#. Gotta get it ironed out with my GF.

Dave

yeah get all that straightened out, myself and hyde, well, it's right here for us..LoL, once u guys get your plans going, then we can set on a meet spot out in the javitz

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are the days? i hate to go there on a weekend!!! dave, take a day off, man. I would rather got 2nd day or any day on a weekday early in the morning, nice!! :D yakshimash

You must be registered for see images attach