08 liberty door speaker help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dystynkt

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here (if you didn't notice) but constant contributor to many other car forums. Had a quick question I was hoping you could help me out with. I need to replace the door speakers on my 08 Liberty Sport, but it seems that your standard speaker doesnt just bolt right up, and that I need some kind of an adapter plate/bracket. I went through every thread posted in the KK section and couldn't find anything (unless I somehow missed it). If you could point me in the direction of the bracket I need it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no problems replacing mine. Any standard 6 1/2" set will come with the required adapter ring and bolt right up no problem.

I have a set of infinity reference components up front, and coax in the rear, and they fit perfectly.

dystynkt

Reaction score
I had no problems replacing mine. Any standard 6 1/2" set will come with the required adapter ring and bolt right up no problem.

I have a set of infinity reference components up front, and coax in the rear, and they fit perfectly.

Hm, thats interesting. The set I bought must not have had the adapter ring (dunno)

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Mopar upgraded Kicker speakers from their accessory catalog. It was around $225 for 4 door speakers and 2 tweeters. They sound great. They just plugged right in and bolted right up. Very easy to install.

dystynkt

Reaction score
Ok great. Thanks for the advice guys. I will try again with a normal set of 6.5's

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had to drill new holes for all 4 speaker Ive put in my kj. No rings or any kind of adapters. The speakers were MTX and Pioneer.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
07 and before used 6 3/4" speakers as default, they were exact size swap, if you went with smaller you needed adapter rings, most of the time included free, otherwise $10 at best buy or similar stores, cheaper online.