08 jeep liberty GAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kust3mz

Reaction score
Hey guys having a issue with my jeep I can not fill the tank with gas no matter how empty or full it is, it will shut the gas nozzle off then spit gas out of the feller neck please help also engine light is on codes read a leak in the evap system not sure it would have anything to do with it but it says gas cap on the dash

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the one-way valve is sticking. Search for "fuel burp" here and you will find that this is not unheard of... :(

Kust3mz

Reaction score
No dealer no where close here is there not a fix that can be done on my own? I assume it's a vent issue Considering when I take my gas cap off after parking it hisses awful with pressure

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No dealer no where close here is there not a fix that can be done on my own? I assume it's a vent issue Considering when I take my gas cap off after parking it hisses awful with pressure

Well, apparently not. The fix is not just a vent valve. The official fix from Chrysler is to replace the tank. Since you haven an 08, you should be covered for this under the new X45 Lifetime Warranty Extension.

It'd be worth your time and effort to find a dealer to drive to and go have the problem verified and then the work performed.

Copy of the X45 here: LOST JEEPS • View topic - Fuel Tank burp issue SOLVED!!!!!

This quoted from user "desolit" on the Nitro forums, so I'd call and ask the dealer for more details:

"Just a heads up: Chrysler tried to fix this problem a few times in production. Apparently there are three or four different setups for the check valve (where it was placed, angle of which it was mounted, and type of valve etc). Call the dealer first and set up an appointment. When you call, make sure that they check your VIN with the parts department. My dealer informed me that some of the vehicles get the TSB walk through. Others get a new check valve or filler neck. My Nitro however gets a new filler neck, check valve, and fuel tank. MORAL OF THE STORY: call first so that the dealer can order the parts specific to your VIN to save yourself time and further aggravation."

Latest posts

Members online