06 Towing Question Liberty sport?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fourwheelin2you

Reaction score
Went up three ins on the hitch to fit my trailer, its got 15in tires baja adtion, just ordered ****** cooler from e.trailer D13002 and wire harness & 7 way plug. got to remove the Ft tow package now, was a tow behide. Getting alot of good info from everyone. Thanks...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went up three ins on the hitch to fit my trailer, its got 15in tires baja adtion, just ordered ****** cooler from e.trailer D13002 and wire harness & 7 way plug. got to remove the Ft tow package now, was a tow behide. Getting alot of good info from everyone. Thanks...

Baja Edition?

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I towed my wife's Honda on a tow dolly from Missouri all the way through the Rockies (Vail Pass) to San Diego, California. It was December then, but my aftermarket transmission temperature gauge didn't go above 220 even on the brutal hills in Colorado and stayed nice and even most of the time. Should have been right around 4000 lbs in total and I didn't have any issues. The dolly didn't have its own brakes, so I made sure I put new pads on the month before to let them break in appropriately before the trip. I have a KK, so basically the same mechanicals. No mechanical fan either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I towed my wife's Honda on a tow dolly from Missouri all the way through the Rockies (Vail Pass) to San Diego, California. It was December then, but my aftermarket transmission temperature gauge didn't go above 220 even on the brutal hills in Colorado and stayed nice and even most of the time. Should have been right around 4000 lbs in total and I didn't have any issues. The dolly didn't have its own brakes, so I made sure I put new pads on the month before to let them break in appropriately before the trip. I have a KK, so basically the same mechanicals. No mechanical fan either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very few vehicles came with a standard transmission temp gauge. Its all mostly aftermarket. I think that should be something factory standard on all trucks, and SUV's with tow packages.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.