06 KJ Reverse Light Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TayJeep

Reaction score
So my daughters 2006 KJ has all the lights working Except the reverse lights. Based on my research this would more than likely be the switch mounted on the driver side of the auto ******. My issue is I can't identify what is what since there is more than one and all seam difficult to get to. Can anyone tell me what color the wires are or even supply a picture?

Thanks!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It is called a TRS transmission range sensor I believe on the auto, 10 pin see image found now below.
50006[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

50008[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Troy or Tom should be able to give a better description & testing. There must be a fuse as well for it. Do you have your owners manual is there a fuse listing for backup bulbs anywhere?
Wonder if it could be a ground problem though the the rear lighting wire harness / right D-pillar behind the quarter trim panel ?

Attachments

• 6865.jpg
    6865.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 6866a.jpg
    6866a.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

TayJeep

Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram. I don't have an owners manual but I did look up the fuse and it looks like the brake lights are included so since they work along with the tail light I would assume it is not the fuse or ground. The reverse switch looks like a pain to get to but that may be my only solution.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe check the bulbs and the wiring at that end before getting into checking the wiring at the bell housing.