'06 KJ CRD need new rear springs to replace JBA 3.5" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mulletator

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I put a 3.5" lift from JBA on my KJ a couple of years ago. It's been great but unfortunately JBA isn't doing KJ lift parts anymore.

The invoice from JBA says I have the following lift:

Tommudd's Econo 3.5" Lift Kit KJ OME

I just noticed that one of my rear springs is broken. I can't find the spec on the ones that I got from JBA.

Does anyone know where I can get new springs to match the JBA ones for my lift?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME 948s will work
depending on sag you may have to add some upper isolators
Measure left front, middle of the wheel ( hub area ) to bottom of the flare and report back, I can then tell you what you need to run
Summit Racing, OK 4WD , ALLJs ( boulderbars ) all sell OME springs etc
You'll need to replace rear shocks as well I'm sure

Of course they ( the springs ) come in a pack of two so replace both

Chell

Reaction score
I installed a SkyJacker 2.5 suspension lift on my 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4x4 2.8L 4cyl Turbo Diesel CRD and I cut the pinch welds and trimmed a little of the plastics from front fenders. Also added 2" spacers after doing a complete replacement of tie rods, ball joints, axles, bushings, brakes, etc. front/rear. I'm running
BFG LT245/75R 16 and very delighted how comfortable the ride is now! Just turned 83k miles and very happy with the results. I really thought it was going to be a stiffer ride, but it's just as smooth as the OEM factory suspension. After the fuel injection pump went out, I ended up replacing timing belt, serpentine belt, pulleys, tensioner, water pump, seals, turbo, etc. I don't really care for Jeeps, however, I'm loving my KJ! Diesel does it for me!
808Hi

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed a SkyJacker 2.5 suspension lift on my 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 4x4 2.8L 4cyl Turbo Diesel CRD and I cut the pinch welds and trimmed a little of the plastics from front fenders. Also added 2" spacers after doing a complete replacement of tie rods, ball joints, axles, bushings, brakes, etc. front/rear. I'm running
BFG LT245/75R 16 and very delighted how comfortable the ride is now! Just turned 83k miles and very happy with the results. I really thought it was going to be a stiffer ride, but it's just as smooth as the OEM factory suspension. After the fuel injection pump went out, I ended up replacing timing belt, serpentine belt, pulleys, tensioner, water pump, seals, turbo, etc. I don't really care for Jeeps, however, I'm loving my KJ! Diesel does it for me!
808Hi
You never cut the pinch welds , never
Skyhacker is the worst for a CRD
It is smooth since the springs are same rating as stock and will sag

koolhandlinc

Reaction score
808Hi
I am thinking of purchasing a 2006 CRD. Where or from what company did you purchase your parts?

Chell

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a 2006 CRD. Where or from what company did you purchase your parts?
4wheelparts.com
They sent me an entire Skyjacker 2.5 in front and rear suspension. As I was installing the front shocks I found one leaking fluid. They advised me to purchase another shock and send them the one leaking which I did. I never received credit for the second purchase. Bad communication with the representative that supposedly helping me. I didn't want to go more than 2.5 in lift and took a chance with SkyJacker. Evidently they start sagging! I was actually surprised how nice the ride is! It's smooth on the road and handles great on trails or offroad.
808Hi

Latest posts

Members online