05 Renny Cross Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called the dealer this AM to see if the cross rails for the 05 renny are available.
He gave me a part number of 82209002 and a price of $169.00 but they arent released yet and said he even checked the "pipeline" for a date. (whatever that is) but no date of release.
I've been calling for these since March. What can be the possible issue here?
I want to mount my kayaks ](*,)
sorry just venting.....

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got thule crossbars instead, they are much better :p

For $165 from www.rackattack.com you can get the factory attachments and crossrails up to 78" long (you can get 50", 58", 65", or 78", depending on how many kayaks you'd like to mount). the 450 crossroad is the one that fits.

check my sig for pics

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and nice pics!!
I will look into it. I already have the thule kayak "hull a ports" used to use them on my 03 with the factory cross bars. I was hoping to reuse them.
maybe I still can with the thule cross rails..maybe just need to get different brackets..
thanks again

cameoex

Reaction score
Another option you might want to look at is the Yakima X-Towers. They were originally designed for the Xterra's round bars, but I found they worked great on my rack on my old TJ. You would also be able to reuse your thule parts if they are new enough...I think both Thule and Yakima make interchangable brackets that work for both.

Moun10eer

Reaction score
I got Yakima LowRider...look much better than X-Tower. LowRider mounts much lower and close on to siderails than X-tower. Fits fine with 05 Renegade siderails.

Descriptions for LowRider:

This re-designed tower system for raised side-rail factory racks combines easy, intuitive use with improved performance and a broader range of fits.

Offers a good fit on smaller European rails, as well as very large rails, Subaru Forester and Nissan Xterra (with locking option)

Can be installed and removed in seconds without disassembling the rack; no tools needed

Grabs hold of the crossbar with an iron grip

Features custom-molded rubber pads on tower body and claw

Low profile provides sleek, integrated look with your vehicle

Yakima SKS Lock compatible (locks sold separately)

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help.
I like the thought of the LowRider with the crossbars being close to the side rails....being 5'4" anything I have to lift up over my head...the closer the better.
I just looked on yakima's website. the lowriders dont even look like they would wrap around the renny thick rails.

Moun10eer

Reaction score
It does fit perfectly -snug fit- on Renegade siderail. Believe me I got 05 Renegade with LowRider on it! I'm going to try posting pics later (after 7/4 weekend).

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there Moun10eer.
I was wondering if you ever got around to posting those pics of your renny with the lowrider system. I just ordered the lowriders, rails and the locks for 197.00 from ORS Racks Direct. Just curious to see them mounted.

Natasha

Reaction score
rennie2k5 said:
I called the dealer this AM to see if the cross rails for the 05 renny are available.
He gave me a part number of 82209002 and a price of $169.00 but they arent released yet and said he even checked the "pipeline" for a date. (whatever that is) but no date of release.
I've been calling for these since March. What can be the possible issue here?
I want to mount my kayaks ](*,)
sorry just venting.....

I had the SAME problem and I wanted to mount my kayaks too! I bought everything through Yakima. I did not buy the Yakima rack system though as they didn't have one for the 05 Rene. I had to buy the mounts, the bars and then the saddles all seperate.

It works great! If you need part numbers, let me know I still have the boxes. :)

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the offer..
I actually got the yakima lowriders and they fit great on the renny. I know the yakima site says no fit but its a lie. I am very happy with yakima. I also ordered the yakima basketcase too. Now all I have to do is throw my Hullaports up there and off I go kayaking!

Thanks. \:D/