'04 Liberty Pulls Left When Braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kregghensley

Reaction score
My 2004 Liberty recently began pulling left only when the brakes are applied. The car feels like it's aligned when I'm coasting or hitting the gas. Could this be a caliper problem or maybe uneven deposits on my front rotors ("warped" rotors)?

The material thickness on my front rotors is definitely uneven. I can feel vibration from the front end when braking and I can hear an intermittent scrubbing noise coming from the front brakes. I'm guessing this could probably cause the brakes to apply harder on one wheel than the other.

Any thoughts or experience with this issue?

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 Liberty recently began pulling left only when the brakes are applied. The car feels like it's aligned when I'm coasting or hitting the gas. Could this be a caliper problem or maybe uneven deposits on my front rotors ("warped" rotors)?

The material thickness on my front rotors is definitely uneven. I can feel vibration from the front end when braking and I can hear an intermittent scrubbing noise coming from the front brakes. I'm guessing this could probably cause the brakes to apply harder on one wheel than the other.

Any thoughts or experience with this issue?

If it is pulling to the left, the left is braking harder than the right so I would check the right for the fault first, maybe pads seized in or sticking piston caliper or sliders on the caliper? Obviously both sides need to be stripped, cleaned, greased etc so they should both work as well as they can do, but I think you will find the right will have something a lot more seized than the left. Just replaced my rotors and pads a short while ago and they have improved dramatically over the standard worn rotors and pads. Brakes are one of those areas that get slowly worse over time so you don't notice a dramatic difference until you replace them. I strip and clean mine once a year as a matter of course. Good luck with them. Steve

Latest posts

Members online