04 Liberty cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
@JeepJeepster

Hmmmmm, I had a 50/50 chance on being right, or I had a 50/50 chance on being wrong.
If I was wrong, I APOLOGIZE!

But, why would you write something that is neither constructive or helpful, bit of a waste of time really.
Nothing is a waste of time
Also what people post is their feelings/thoughts on a subject
We have all said the same thing over the years on various posts here and other Jeep Liberty forums
Makes no difference where you live, your ancestry, nothing, It is a comment , simple as that
Sometimes some of us make off the wall comments just to lighten the mood or what ever
But 1000 bucks seems crazy even to me
But I have spent over 2 thousand on a lift that some people thought was crazy
so just chill out a bit and enjoy life

Phil2020

Reaction score
Nothing is a waste of time
Also what people post is their feelings/thoughts on a subject
We have all said the same thing over the years on various posts here and other Jeep Liberty forums
Makes no difference where you live, your ancestry, nothing, It is a comment , simple as that
Sometimes some of us make off the wall comments just to lighten the mood or what ever
But 1000 bucks seems crazy even to me
But I have spent over 2 thousand on a lift that some people thought was crazy
so just chill out a bit and enjoy life
"Nothing is a waste of time"
I could think in seconds many many things that are a waste of time, one of them is a begrudged individual, that cannot for some reason unbeknownst to the population at large take a genuine apology and go with it, but instead of continues to berate my post because of their insecurities.

I am chilled out, thanks very much for your concern!
You of all ppl should be well aware that sometimes things that you want or need are in short supply, and that's unfortunately the time you really need especially a "lift" or a "radiator", and you cannot control the price.

With your constant replies shows others that you either hold grudges, or you actually DID negatively mean what you commented about my reply to you about the $1,000 radiator.
I have already "apologized", to you for my statement, I'll die for your right to say it, but in return I deserve the same right you have, for voicing my reply, without repeating post after post how you are upset from my apology.

"It's called "FREE SPEECH", something this world we live in needs more of!!! FYI, read "Article 19".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
without repeating post after post how you are upset from my apology. ??????
I posted one time
Yes it is free speech, exactly what Jeepjeepster was doing
Bye bye

Oh and the lifts I bought are the very best lifts made at the time for a KJ , not in short supply but I just wanted the best available for my rides ( both 03 and 04 )

Phil2020

Reaction score
Now that IS funny:)

I really thought 04/05 Jeep Libby's were the bomb when my friend bought one I also liked where windows switches were, they are in a much better place than previous versions.
UNTIL... He had to replace the heater core, WOW!!!
217 screws and bolts came off, and the full dashboard off, just to replace the heater core.

That's why I bought an 02, like the 03, only have to take off half the bolts and screws and swing it towards in the inside of the cab and it gives full access to the heater core.
Other than that the 04's & 05's are great ;)
Is that a SPORT you've got?
All that's missing on your rig, is a winch.

Last edited:

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all "Chinese/Asian" Radiators are bad... Of course some are...
I replaced mine on my 2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with "cheap" eBay one 4 years ago along with a water pump and I haven't had a problem with either... I also used the "green" Prestone antifreeze and have had no problems with corrosion or coolant failure... The coolant looks just as good as it did when I installed it and I have plenty of heat in the winter...
I bought this Jeep as a "salvage" car and really didn't want to pay more for a radiator than I paid for the total car... Now for cam/crank/MAF/O2/thermostat sensors I agree that MOPAR is the way to go... NO DORMAN JUNK...
Just my views on what works for me...
Dave

Phil2020

Reaction score
Not all "Chinese/Asian" Radiators are bad... Of course some are...
I replaced mine on my 2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with "cheap" eBay one 4 years ago along with a water pump and I haven't had a problem with either... I also used the "green" Prestone antifreeze and have had no problems with corrosion or coolant failure... The coolant looks just as good as it did when I installed it and I have plenty of heat in the winter...
I bought this Jeep as a "salvage" car and really didn't want to pay more for a radiator than I paid for the total car... Now for cam/crank/MAF/O2/thermostat sensors I agree that MOPAR is the way to go... NO DORMAN JUNK...
Just my views on what works for me...
Dave
Now that's interesting Dave, thanks for your comments.

1) As your Jeep Liberty 3.7L is a 2006 and you use GREEN antifreeze.
2) You use a Mopar thermostat.

On my 2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L, i use Orange antifreeze (as the manual says to use)
I use a Gates thermostat, instead of mopar. Definitely will not use Dorman ****.

Why is there a difference in colour of antifreeze, does the 2006 need Green not Orange or should it be Yellow?

Go to the link below, just plug in your year, make and model of your Jeep and let Prestone do the rest:

Opticool Antifreeze Yellow is an ethylene glycol based engine coolant concentrate, which uses Organic Acid Inhibitor Technology (OAT) and is free from nitrites, amines, phosphates, borates and silicates.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.