04 Jeep Liberty KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therian

Reaction score
HID Lights 04 Jeep Liberty KJ

Hello, I'm wanting to retrofit my headlights to HID with projectors, the major concern is I have no left to right adjustment on my headlight and was curious if anyone knows of a aftermarket set that does? I know I can cut and JB weld but I would rather try and do it a cleaner/better way first if possible.

Also anyone that has done this do I need to get any resistors or anything to prevent codes? I plan to do a 9007 to H1 harness to keep factory controls and direct power from battery.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Therian

Reaction score
I'm not very worried about the time factor, I don't see it taking me more than a few hours. The new projectors require far less cutting as well which is a major plus. My biggest problem is the left to right adjustment, I was hoping someone out there made one but I guess they don't :/

brianboko

Reaction score
Our headlights are ridiculously crude. Its just a dome with a bulb in it. There are no adjustments in them that I know of. Unless the HID's come in projector housings I would stay away from them otherwise you're just going to be shooting blue high beams at everyone whenever you turn on your headlights. Good luck with your project!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No horizontal adjustment, only vertical.

Otherwise, good luck.

Also, getting tired of this topic coming up once every few weeks.. use the search function, every forum has one. It would be foolish to think that NO ONE has ever brought this up before EVER in the history of the internet.

The information you need to get this done is here, just gotta dig it up.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our headlights are ridiculously crude. Its just a dome with a bulb in it. There are no adjustments in them that I know of. Unless the HID's come in projector housings I would stay away from them otherwise you're just going to be shooting blue high beams at everyone whenever you turn on your headlights. Good luck with your project!

He's using projectors. He's doing it the right way.

No horizontal adjustment, only vertical.

Otherwise, good luck.

Also, getting tired of this topic coming up once every few weeks.. use the search function, every forum has one. It would be foolish to think that NO ONE has ever brought this up before EVER in the history of the internet.

The information you need to get this done is here, just gotta dig it up.

There are only a few around here that retrofitted projectors into their housings. I wouldn't say this is a weekly thing.

Here is a good walkthrough on how a similar project was done:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f231/how-bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-7-0-install-59675/

Edit - I see you found that thread :)

Last edited:

Therian

Reaction score
He's using projectors. He's doing it the right way.

There are only a few around here that retrofitted projectors into their housings. I wouldn't say this is a weekly thing.

Here is a good walkthrough on how a similar project was done:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f231/how-bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-7-0-install-59675/

Edit - I see you found that thread :)
Thank you for the response, it's how I found the forum actually. The biggest concern I had was if I needed resisitors/anti-flicker and if I could score some headlamps with sideways adjustment (far easier to get that perfect line with less cutting). If with this was asked weekly as I wouldn't need to ask it....I would have already found my answer on Google :p I have a found a total of 4 threads over Google with 04 libertys and none of the OPs frequented the forums anymore to answer my questions :(

My problem is I can buy a resistor/flicker harness (mopar bi-xenon) for an extra $42.50 (72.50 separate) but I would hate to pay the cost of my backup headlamps for something I don't need :/

Last edited: