03 renegade OEM side step rails - replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fiasco

Reaction score
Can't believe it's been so long since we got the wifes 03 Renegade.

It's got 92,000 miles on it now (got it w/ 8k or so)

Had one water pump failure and that's it. It's been a great vehicle. Physically it looks almost new with one exception. The side step rails are rusting.

I'm looking for a source for the OEM gray side step rails. Just wanted to figure out if having them repainted/powder coated would be significantly cheaper than replacing them.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just took the side steps off our '03 Renegade - very corroded, though the rest of the Jeep has very little corrosion at all. And most of the corrosion I've found is on the undercarriage/suspension where it has to deal with the salt and road crap. A wire brush and some heavy duty black paint will take care of that...

Please post if you find OEM-style side steps...Though I'm trying to convince my wife that what we really want are JC Offroad Stage 3 Sliders :smokin:

Bob

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the side steps off of my 03 Rene. IMO, it would probably cheaper just to repaint them. For the amount you would pay for them to be shipped to you, I don't think it would be worth it.

I'd offer mine but one of the brackets is bent from off road. Rock bait :D