03 Rear AxleShaft for passenger side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have come to the realization that I need a new rear axle shaft for my Jeep. When I was on the way home today, an hour long drive. I noticed when I got home that the rotor on that side was fire red and something had started to smoke, but stopped when it cooled off... Has anyone had this issue? Please advise, and is there anyone that has an axle shaft for sale???

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You caliper is sticking more than likely
what makes you think its your axle?
I have a few good ones sitting here if you need one.
not sure how shipping would be.
But do check your brake caliper first

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You caliper is sticking more than likely
what makes you think its your axle?
I have a few good ones sitting here if you need one.
not sure how shipping would be.
But do check your brake caliper first

I was hearing a noise in the rearend so we took the tire, caliper and rotor off to check it out, it rotated just a tiny bit irregular... SO... I might need one in the near future. Do they have the bearing and new seal?
But now that I have done a little more research on what is currently going on today with it (this was out of no where that this has happened for the first time) on my own, I bet your right. What is the or how can I fix this??

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
replace the caliper, and if it was me I would do both along with new pads as your old ones will be glazed over.