03 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
So I bought this 03 jeep from offer up … paid 3k for the car and now after having it I totally feel robbed but I’m going to make the best out of it … I borrowed a scanner from a friend of mines and this is wat it read… since I bought the car I barely moved it due to me getting the money situated for insurance/registration and tag but the problem I’m having now is The back tire on driver side is wobbly , the alignment is off on the car , the lock buttons aren’t working so I can’t get to the trunk , and the speedometer just stopped working out of no where … the minor issues will be sunroof not working and passager window motor stopped working or the window either came out of place… the reason I feel robbed because I had a friend look at the car and he said bro this looks like it’s been in a accident because true hood isn’t sitting perfect and the front bumpers are some what loose and being hold by a drywal screw smh

Attachments

• C9B489B8-4AC0-46E6-B534-198800260644.png
    C9B489B8-4AC0-46E6-B534-198800260644.png
    368.7 KB · Views: 12

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you feel robbed when a friend mentioned those things and you ignored them ?
Most of what you mention can be repaired like window, tail gate , speedo etc
May I suggest you use the search function on here and do one item at a time , start with say speedo things to make it run smoothly and safely
Back tire wobbly could be a bent wheel or worst case bent axle tube o the diff
Find a good alignment shop and have them check alignment, wheel on rear etc
Take baby steps and in no time you'll have it going smoothly hopefully

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
Why do you feel robbed when a friend mentioned those things and you ignored them ?
Most of what you mention can be repaired like window, tail gate , speedo etc
May I suggest you use the search function on here and do one item at a time , start with say speedo things to make it run smoothly and safely
Back tire wobbly could be a bent wheel or worst case bent axle tube o the diff
Find a good alignment shop and have them check alignment, wheel on rear etc
Take baby steps and in no time you'll have it going smoothly hopefully
I said robbed because the guy who sold me the car didn’t mention anything … wen my friend viewed the car and told me those things I already had the car in my possession.. thank you alot I really appreciate it , going to take it to a alignment shop and have them align it and also check the axle to make sure hopefully it’s the tire and not the axle

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Speedo is more than likely the wiring from the rear diff up to body
I've replaced at least twenty of those sets of wires over the years on various KJs ( same issue from 02 to 05 )

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
Speedo is more than likely the wiring from the rear diff up to body
I've replaced at least twenty of those sets of wires over the years on various KJs ( same issue from 02 to 05 )
Alright so then I’ll take it to a shop and ask those guys to take a look at it for me and let’s see