03 Liberty Interior parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig

Reaction score
New here, & new to jeeps and cars all together. Almost 40 and just got my license. In saying that please forgive my lack of knowledge. Although I have little experience I've always had an affinity for jeeps. So I bought an 03 Liberty as my first vehicle. The car is in good shape but the interior is a bit rough in spots. I was wondering if all the 03 Liberty types interiors are the same or if there's years at a time where interior trim or seats etc parts are the same as to go scrap yard treasure hunting. Is there a book or some magical list that will give me the inside scoop? If so where do I find it? Seats, interior trim, driver side passenger door lock actuator and rear window wiper motor are topping the list right now. Thanks for your time and responses...Craig

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the interior trim pieces, everything from 02-04 should be identical for automatics with the 3.7. Starting in '05 the setup of the center console is different, and there are changes to the passenger side air bag cover panels. All other interior trim stayed the same, except for minor changes like suddenly using bolts instead of screws, and vice versa. Do pay close attention to the colors - some of the shades of grey look very similar if you can't compare them side by side.
I'm not familiar with the manual trans KJ's and CRD's, so I don't know how much interchangeability there is.

The easiest thing to do is just take plenty of pictures of the interior of your vehicle before you go to the junkyard. That way you can use them at a junkyard to compare parts.

I'm 99% sure the door lock actuators and rear window wiper motor are the same across all years, maybe someone else can verify that.

The seats changed in 2005 (or was it 2004?), and then there's difference between the seats for the Sport and Limited trims. I don't know whether they are all interchangeable without making modifications to the rails. And then with the Limited seats you get power seats, heated seats, etc.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All seats from 02-07 will swap back and forth, BUT that being said stick with 02-04 Limited seats ( leather ) so much better than other models or even 05 -07 Limited seats
Rest of interior trim from 02-04 will swap back and forth, no difference just in looks is all

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up - Swapping seats may not be as simple as you may think since there are airbag sensors in the seats and the control unit is under the passenger side seat.... I think.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up - Swapping seats may not be as simple as you may think since there are airbag sensors in the seats and the control unit is under the passenger side seat.... I think.

I swapped Limited seats ( leather/power ) into my 04 and 03 , as soon as I find a full 03 Limited will be swapping out the very bad sitting 05s as well
Never had an issues yet

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped Limited seats ( leather/power ) into my 04 and 03 , as soon as I find a full 03 Limited will be swapping out the very bad sitting 05s as well
Never had an issues yet

I believe I was told, or I read, that you had to disconnect the battery when doing that, and the airbag system had to be reprogramed. Of course you'd probably never know for sure unless you got into an accident after. Lol

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I was told, or I read, that you had to disconnect the battery when doing that, and the airbag system had to be reprogramed. Of course you'd probably never know for sure unless you got into an accident after. Lol

Disconnecting the battery is common sense
you do that with most everything you do if it involves electronics .
So you believe what you were told or read, but you read what I wrote and don't believe it ....very interesting :happy175::happy175::emotions34:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I used a pour choice of words in that last sentence - instead of saying "you'd never know", what I meant was that "someone" might not know until they got in an accident. Not you specifically. Nothing I said was personal.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've had my seats out for cleaning and never touched the battery, no air bag light yet.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a rear wiper motor from an 05 into my 02 . They were the same . When wondering about swapping parts from year to year I will often check part numbers at RockAuto . If different year models list the same part # I figure it will work .

Members online

No members online now.