'03 Liberty hot heat passenger side, cold drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troverman

Reaction score
Hi,

Working on a friend's 2003 Liberty 3.7L...initially it only blew basically cold air despite the control being on full hot. I drilled the hole in the pivot of the hot / cold blend door, put in the screwdriver, and freed up the servo motor. I can see the screwdriver turn with the door from hot to cold as I turn the dial on the dash.

So, we have fairly hot heat coming out of the passenger side vents, but on the driver's side, sort of cool, luke-warm air (with the heat on full).

The Liberty does not offer dual-zone climate control as far as I know...so what causes this?

Thanks in advance

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your blend door's working properly, then it's most likely low coolant level, air in the system, or a clogged heater core.

troverman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Coolant level is good, and since there is hot heat on one side, I tend to think its not a plugged core, air in sys, etc. I'll have another look.