'02 Rear Passenger Window Stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SinCityLiberty

Reaction score
I have a 2002 V6 KJ 4x4 and recently the rear passenger window stopped rolling up and down. It is currently in the up position so this isn't a dire emergency but I do want to get it fixed. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a common problem? I know it happened in my Durango as well and I just had to replace the motor but I just want to make sure there isn't something off the wall I need to be aware of before I start taking door panels apart and what not.

Thanks in advance!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its not going to be a fuse otherwise it would be more than one window... Sounds like the motor went on it! Which would be a first that i have heard, seems the only window problems we hear about is broken regulators but that causes the window to drop into the door, and you have an 02' and its usually the later years that have that problem.

Of course being an 02' yours is getting old enough that it could simply be worn out.

Spidey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may try running jumper wires to the window motor to try and rule that out, in my '02 it is my window switches that are starting to go bad, though I suspected the window motor initially. It started with the passenger front, the switch doesnt even have the 'click' in it for the auto-down feature anymore and just stopped working at this point. Now my driver front is starting to flake out too. I know you said the rear, just something to consider, have you tried the switches in the back for the rear window?

SinCityLiberty

Reaction score
Thanks for the response...and of course as the day has gone on the window has slowly begun to roll itself down so apparently it is the regulator after all.