02 Liberty Tire Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and need some advice about a tire upgrade for my 02 Liberty. I want a better tire than my stock Wrangler 215/75R16. I've got my eyes on some Firestone Destination A/Ts but they only come in 235/70R16.

Would there be any clearence problems with the Firestones? Have the fender wells changed any from 06? Some of the people at Firestone were a little doubtful so I wanted to ask the question to this forum.

Also, any impressions on the Bridgestone Dueller A/T REVOS? I'd appreciate any information.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the Destinations came in 245/70/16, those would work as well...I think 235/70/16 might of even been a stock size. It will fit with no issues though. It's a great tire...

As for the Revo's, I've heard that once you hit the half way point, they are slicks...:)

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '02 came with 235/70R16 SRA's, so that size in the Destination AT will fit. The 245/70R16 Destinations should also be fine on an '02. I ran that size in Cross Terrains, and I ran Destination AT's in 245/65R17 with no problems on my '02 before the lift. I liked that setup. They're a very good tire for the money.

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Reply to Liberty Tire Upgrade

KY/Hoosier/Rage,

Liberty, good to hear about your use of the 235/70R16s. Your right Hoosier, I think they do come in 245/70x16 etc. but I thought I'd stay with the 235/70R16 since it fit my pocket book etc. And I do remember reading something about the REVOS compound breaking down etc. Hey y'all this is a great web site! Can't believe I've had my KJ so long and never found this site. Really appreciatE your feedback. Now, I just want to get some of those bad boys. Y'all have a good day and ride safe.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
go to the 245-70s lots better all around and not really any more money
mine came stock with 235-70s as well

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If the diff is only a couple bucks, I'd go 245/70, but if it's more than $10 a tire, maybe not...

Billy Bob

Reaction score
02 Liberty Tire Upgrade

I'll keep the 245s in mind.

Hey, I know this might not apply but I read on another area of this site about Chrysler bringing in some sort of Fiat and calling it a Liberty in 2013. That's really bad news. I can't believe they'd be so stupid. Anyway, I know that's another topic. Hopefully, they'll change their minds. Thanks again.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If the diff is only a couple bucks, I'd go 245/70, but if it's more than $10 a tire, maybe not...

even 10 bucks a tire I still would but then thats me and i tend to buy what I want instead of whats cheaper even if I have to wait for a while longer

Billy Bob

Reaction score
Firestone Destination AT Tires

What timing.... I bought 4 235/70R16s and drove home on them in a blizzard today. We've got about 20 inches of snow on the ground here in Maryland and more is on the way. The tires performed wonderfully. My thanks to all the folks who provided feedback. Drive safe.