02 KJ Base Sport P0203, P0205, P0500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMDuramax

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I replied to a thread because it was inline with my problem, but it doesn't list it as a Subscription I made and now I can't find the thread, so going to make a new one. SIA for a duplicate if it is found.

Anyways, I have an 02 Sport 4x2 in Flame Red. It has been an awesome ride with 163K on the clock, never any problems, until last night.

I was a few houses down and then something strange, the speedo quit working and engine started running rough. So I pull it in the garage and leave it. I pull the codes and get the errors listed in the title. Ok no problem.

This morning, I left the truck up and start looking. I clear the codes and then start it up. Running rough again. Pull the codes, but now I get something different. I get a P0500 which is the speed sensor, but now I am getting P0201 which is the 1 cyl injector.

Heres my question... If the injector errors are bouncing around, is this indicative to a faulty TPS sensor? I was reading the forum and doing a search and looks like if it bounces around, it may be TPS.

Now for the Speed Sensor.. I lifted the truck and removed the connector. Pealed back the sheathing and looked and the wiring looks good. I took the sheeting off from the connector, to the Y and then into the body and the wiring is all good. I turn the ign to ON to test power. My voltage is 10.6V which what I read is within spec. Then I plugged the connector back in and back probed the sensor signal... I start moving the wheels, but the voltage doesn't fluctuate. It stays at a constant 1.7V. So does that mean the sensor is shot or is there something else?

If anyone can provide any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

95whtzr2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's your other post: HERE

BTW- If you go to your control panel, or click on your name you can access all of your posts.

I don't have any idea though as far as your problem.