'02 bump steer and pulls to the right problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '02 Liberty has a bump steer problem and pulls to the right. It's noticebly harder to turn to the left than right. And both tires look as though their headed in different directions.

I've had it aligned but the problem is the same. Could it be the recall replacement ball joints?

P.S. There is no lift kit installed.

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it aligned but the problem is the same.

trailman

Reaction score
My '02 Liberty has a bump steer problem and pulls to the right. It's noticebly harder to turn to the left than right. And both tires look as though their headed in different directions.

I've had it aligned but the problem is the same. Could it be the recall replacement ball joints?

P.S. There is no lift kit installed.

If both your tires are facing different directions, then it is definitely not aligned properly. Take it back to whoever you spent money on to align it and tell them your problems. I had to bring a vehicle back three times before to get them to properly align it. It's a waste of time and you shouldn't have to do it, I know, but after they see your not going to give up they'll spend the extra time and do it properly. They may even have to swap your two front tires now that you've been driving with them that far out of alignment.

Jeepboy

Reaction score
Bump steer

Hey I have the same problem.....had it aligned at one place and it was still out. Went to another place and it was good for a week.....then out again. I was told that the tires are worn and that's what's causing it. How many miles do you have on your jeep? Is the front end (ball joints, tie rod ends, steering rack) tight?