02-04 vs 05+ ARB Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

george0029

Reaction score
I've been searching for an ARB bumper for quite some time now, and I was wondering what is the difference between the 02-04 bumper and the 05+ version (aside from the extra $200 the newer one costs). :confused:

Has anybody tried to mount the older bumpers on a 05+ KJ??

Also, if I were to purchase a used ARB bumper with no mounting hardware, would it be a PITA to somehow purchase or fabricate it?

:)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The area around the fenders I believe, since they are different and the '05+ version has turn signals and the '02 version does not.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a photo somewhere on LOST where someone mounted an 02-04 bumper on an 05-07 model and it looks uber ********. It doesn't mount up the same and hangs down real low; kind of the opposite of why someone would want an ARB bumper.

I think you can buy the mounting hardware from ARB but it's like $300 or more.

george0029

Reaction score
So it's definitely not a good idea?

I'm thinking I might be able to get an OME suspension before the ARB bumper. However, I know that with an ARB bumper i would need HD coils up front. So I was wondering if there are any dangers in running HD coils up front without the ARB bumper installed yet, apart from the rough ride.

Finally, are the HD coils necessary/practical for the rear too?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So it's definitely not a good idea?

I'm thinking I might be able to get an OME suspension before the ARB bumper. However, I know that with an ARB bumper i would need HD coils up front. So I was wondering if there are any dangers in running HD coils up front without the ARB bumper installed yet, apart from the rough ride.

Finally, are the HD coils necessary/practical for the rear too?
HDs will not ride that rough without a ARB up front, 1000s have done it already with out problems!
Too much trouble trying to do a 05 up bumper on and 04 and below

george0029

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic and link Tony!
I tried finding it myself before but no luck.
That does look really bad! Definitely going to wait until I find a bumper that fits me (05+)

Thanks for the help guys!!

george0029

Reaction score
What got me wondering is that I found a used one in good condition on Craigslist in Seattle for $250 from a guy willing to ship. Ad has been removed however.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I've always wondered that too because if I bought one I'd want the option install the larger factory fogs rather than the small ones that came in 05-07's but I now see that's not worth it if it's gonna drop the bumper height 6 inches.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Check this:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44074

And this is what your KJ will look like with an '02 ARB.

You must be registered for see images attach

You know, the more I look at this picture I think this guy altered the installation of this bumper because he obviously didn't want to cut his flares so that the bumper fit at the right height, after doing some reading in that lost thread, I don't think they're that much different after all but I may be wrong I just think guy installed it so that he didn't have to alter his plastics. I think either one would install the same, how could they not when the uni-body/frame is the exact same the only thing that changed was the plastic flares and the bumper cover and grill.