'01 Stone Blue Cherokee Stolen!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured I'd post here just to kind of get it out there.

My cousin's 2001 Jeep Cherokee was stolen from her driveway Thursday morning in Rochester, NY. Stone Blue coloring, license plate CHS 1537. If you live in the area and happen to see one, there is an APB out for it in the Rochester area. Also, if you guys know of anywhere else to get the word out, please let me know! Thanks!

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice XJ too. Post it on LOST also. I think there are some from the Syracuse area on there and here.

There's a lot of XJ's around here but not many in that color but I will keep an eye out for it anyway. I dought it will be here in this rinky-dink town but you never know.

I hope they catch the perps and the jeep gets back home safe and not all beat up.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll even keep a watch here....ya know incase it got a road trip.

Let's hope for a safe return....:D

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They found it in Irondequoit wherever that is, with a broken window and a busted steering column, but she's getting it back at least =]

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
They found it in Irondequoit wherever that is, with a broken window and a busted steering column, but she's getting it back at least =]

Irondequoit is a little north of Rochester I think. I think it is a seperate city but like a suburb of Rochester or something like that.

So if it was stolen in Rochester it didn't go too far unless the perps went for a real long joyride.

I am glad they found it so fast with minimal damage.

Dave

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad she got it back, mostly unharmed! I didn't realize the later model XJs were that easy to rip off either, kinda scares me a bit since I have an '01 as well.

Years ago, I remember my friend's brother had a convertible Mustang GT, and he took it to a party by Rutgers University. It was stolen, and they found it stripped and burned in a lot in Newark a week later. :(

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, might be time for a car alarm. I guess the only thing missing from the inside were her tote bags. =\

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
WOW!!!! That is the quickest vehicle recovery I HAVE EVER HEARD OF!!!

Good Job Cops! lol

And for future reference, the Libby is actually easier to rip off unless you have Sentry Key. Screwdriver under the doorhandle, pry, and open/unlock the door.... somehow. Not sure exactly what to do but that's what it involves. Bust ignition, steering column, to a seasoned thief, I heard the whole process can be done in under a minute without even looking suspicious. That's how they broke into my cousin's Dakota... his sister's Avenger (Attempt, car had an alarm, they didn't finish)... and her sister's Caliber (twice)...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online