Spotlight on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent half the day installing a Unity door mount spotlight. Anyone considering this add on would be advised to go slow and careful as it involves drilling two small and one large hole in the door. I felt it turned out really well and have a more versatile light source
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
First one of those I have seen installed. Nice jeep too.

Dave

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, would love to have a trail ready bumper for the front but have to wait till finances get better.
Thought about a push bar but don't want to scare local PD into thinking I'm a Fed :D

ACWeller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking Jeep. I've thought about a spot light like that but the thought of screwing up the installation worries me a bit. Off topic, what wheels do you have?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad
a few of the KJs the City of Toledo has have the spotlights
Trail Ready bumper will be hard to get, well impossible any more

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good. Cop cars they go through the A pillar and cut out a portion of the door part of the A pillar...easier IMHO.

I could see these being a problem if you trail in areas with trees. fine if it's desert running, but I imagine even rock crawling through tight rocky outrcops would be an issue.

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wheels are the MB TKO from America's/Discount tire. $100 apiece. I've ran spots on all 6 of my XJ's in the past and never had a problem in the tight NW forests. Plus more than handy if I need a rock light on the drivers side.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how your Jeep looks. Awesome color. How did you remove the roof rails though? I thought I heard someone say they are just glued on to the roof. I've been thinking about taking them off, because I'll never use them. I was worried how it would look, but seeing yours, I'm sold on it now.

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You take wide flat blade like a putty knife and pry at the joint in the middle. They're held by two clips. Once off they unbolt with a 10mm socket. I made some plastic filler plates and put Teflon tape on the threads and bolted them down.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about this idea.

If you only offroad in desert conditions then it would be fine but if go into the woods I can see a branch easily catching on the lamp.

And I do like the clean look of the roof. Very unique.

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Oregon we have an over abundance of trees and have never had issues in the past. I'd be more worried about a tree punching the hard top as happened on my '09 JK Rubi.