Corrugated rubber tube for snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was watching a show on the Military Channel last night, and one of the 4wd military vehicles used by the Israeli's used a kind of corrugated, soft ruber tube for the snorkel. I was fascinated by this because it would make running an inexpensive snorkel very easy, and cheap to replace. There wouldn't be any real 'fitment' problems to get it up the pillar of the vehicle.

Here's the type of tubing they were using:

You must be registered for see images

It wasn't exactly this kind of tube, but this is what it was like. The tube pictured above is for medical equipment but was the closest I could find on a quick search.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool.

As long as the tube didn't collapse when the engine is pulling hard for air, anything will work...PVC...ABS. I just wonder if the inside of the tubing is also corrugated too?.....hopefully not.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
That would look like poop...hence the $400 hit to Our pocket.

But then again, ThunderbirdJunkie are biased.
You must be registered for see images attach

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool.

As long as the tube didn't collapse when the engine is pulling hard for air, anything will work...PVC...ABS. I just wonder if the inside of the tubing is also corrugated too?.....hopefully not.

No that should never happen unless the tube became restricted. I suppose it might be possible if you had a end-of-tube air filter which restricted airflow through the tube.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the type of hose they use for exhaust gas ejection in a garage, from the tail pipe to the outside.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the type of hose they use for exhaust gas ejection in a garage, from the tail pipe to the outside.

That hose in the picture isn't really what they were using. Just the first thing I could come up with for a pic. The more I thought about it, it's more like the plastic corrugated hose my shop-vac uses.

Members online

No members online now.