I found some thing bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a pipe coming from my engine that i think its for exhasut, that is smashed almost half way shut. my car isnt acting differently. if i can get some pixx up can you guys tell me what pipe it is?

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would try to drive it as least as u can until you fix it, could hurt your motor messing up all the pressure and backing it all up

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you did crush your exhaust pipe I wouldn't drive it.A new Y-pipe is over a $1000.Might be a good time to invest for a better ****** skid that covers the exhaust pipe(SkidRow is the only one out right now).

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd post a pic before driving. Can you describe where the pipe is? How big diameter?

Reaction score
it looks like the end of the exhaust pipe hang on. i have no way of getting anywhere near that much $$$. is there any other way

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like the end of the exhaust pipe hang on. i have no way of getting anywhere near that much $$$. is there any other way
If it is the exhaust tip(under the rear bumber) just cut it off before the crushed area,then go to a parts store and get a cheap 2 1/2" turndown tip and clamp it on the pipe.From your first post it sounded like you crushed the Y-pipe that comes down by the ******,that is over a $1000.

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^That's the Y-pipe^^^^^^^

A new one is big $$$$$,you may be able to have a exhaust shop replce the crushed part,may run $50-$100 to fix.You need to pry it down so it is not touching the the ****** and heating it up(also ruining it at the same time).

Time to get some good skid plates,$700 for skidrows front 3 skids is much better then paying $4000+ for a engine,$1500 for a D30A,$3000 for a ******,$1000+ for a Y-pipe,or $1000 for a t-case.

Reaction score
you think i can bull **** and get insurance to fix it

^^^^^^That's the Y-pipe^^^^^^^

A new one is big $$$$$,you may be able to have a exhaust shop replce the crushed part,may run $50-$100 to fix.You need to pry it down so it is not touching the the ****** and heating it up(also ruining it at the same time).

Time to get some good skid plates,$700 for skidrows front 3 skids is much better then paying $4000+ for a engine,$1500 for a D30A,$3000 for a ******,$1000+ for a Y-pipe,or $1000 for a t-case.

Reaction score
i def. dont have the $$$ for that and my mom cant find out cuz she has the title on the car and wont let me drive off road again.

Reaction score
can i run my car without it. or is there any other way around this cuz thats my daily transportation and i dont have the money

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that all mud? Why don't you give it a nice spray and let us see it a bit more clearly?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
what? you mean you sleep?
watch MIB, it is on TBS. :D "Pest problem!?"

Reaction score
i'd be funny but i really really have like no money. $20. no job. in highschool. cant tell my mom. i do have a friend who will talk to his auto class teacher for me and look up parts for me. a friend whose dad owns a collision repair shop, and a friend who works for chrysler at my dealership. i have damn good insurance too.

Status
Not open for further replies.