2004 Stock / OEM Stereo / Radio options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James J

Reaction score
I'm in the process of learning and shopping for a 2004-2006 Liberty Renegade 4x4 for my wife.

I've come across a model for sale on the internet, but I'm curious about the radio unit as pictured in the advertisement. I've not seen one like this in all of the Liberty's that I've looked at locally or on the web before.

From the other images, this particular model seems to be "loaded."

Can someone please confirm for me if the radio pictured is a stock / OEM stereo radio upgrade. Is this a certain package that includes an upgraded stereo, or is it a factor GPS navigation screen? Any details on what this package contains would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

You must be registered for see images

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Navigation

There aren't really a lot of navigation options for the KJ. You can get 1 DIN units that have a retractable screen. Chrysler used the 1.5 DIN opening for their stock radio and most in dash navigation systems are 2 DIN.

So if you want navigation, you're stuck with the stock unit, or one with a retractable screen that blocks the center air vents when opened. I've got an aftermarket one, and love it, except on hot days when I need the full force of the AC.

James J

Reaction score
We don't really need or want it. We have a portable TomTom that we currently use in our cars. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that the TomTom we have is probably a better unit than the RB1 anyway.

I just haven't actually seen a Liberty with that unit. I wasn't sure if by having the RB1 in there, that maybe it meant that Jeep had the best OEM radio option intalled (ie, maybe it included a multi-disc CD player, more speakers, better brand of radio, etc.).

Or maybe the RB1 is more prone to failures, and an educated buyer would see that as more of a negative than a positive when evaluating the vehicle for possible purchase.

From the link Marlon provided, it was a pretty pricey option (MSRP). I would assume they're fairly rare, but have no clue how sought after they are by the "in the know" Liberty community.

Latest posts

Members online