Magnaflow Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not a nice sound as a V8 does but i picked this magnaflow as an offroad muffler in 1st place, sound was of no concern to me. I can tell you, itll take a heck of a hit before it dents. I had 3 collars holding it and had it welded also. I am usually rough on things, and since im going to get a skid plate i needed to replace that before i do. I dont hate the sound but it is too loud. Still, i enjoy it because i know itll take a good amount of hit before i break it. But if you dont go offroad, you dont need it.

I agree, I think I would prefer a tougher muffler that will take a wack and keep on humming instead of a pretty one that looks like it needs lipstick and babbles.........I don't mean that in a bad way....:D

Dave

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kinda want to see this vid too. When i swap out my exhaust system i think im going to run no muffler for a day for ***** and giggles. Glad im not the only one to think about this

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I don't want a raspy flowmaster, or a bee in a jug, I just want a very mild tone. The only magnaflows i've ever heard were very suttle until rpm increase, is that not the case with the one for the KJ?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove the muffler all together you can kiss what little low end power you have goodbye and possibly burn up the exhaust valves also.You got to build a engine to handle no back pressure and the KJ's engine was built for some back pressure.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good,much better than I would of imagined.Wonder what your high rpm.was?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like to me, any generic muffler...Flowmaster...Magnaflow...Dynomax....a V6 just doesn't sound good thru the exhaust IMO.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the 3.7 sounds nice for a V6....doesn't sound too ricey....:D

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not knockn the liberty cuz my wife drives one, but if you want the sound of a straight piped performance engine, you need to buy a vehicle that has at least some kind of power.... And there is one six cylinder that sounds great straight piped and its a cummins.... Have to say, i did take the time to listen to the video clip though!! haha

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
im not knockn the liberty cuz my wife drives one, but if you want the sound of a straight piped performance engine, you need to buy a vehicle that has at least some kind of power.... And there is one six cylinder that sounds great straight piped and its a cummins.... Have to say, i did take the time to listen to the video clip though!! haha

I'm the same way.....I don't want to hear the 6 anymore than I already do....and if I were to spend exhaust money, I'd spend it on my Hemi...:cool:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
i unbolted my muffer the other day, it definitely wasn't a v8 but the sound wasn't all that bad. I'm thinking about getting a cut out put in infront of my muffler because I like the quietness when huntin in my rig but i'd like be heard sometimes too!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a simple solution to the anoyying v6 sound no one likes in the libby.

Drop a 440 in it. :D

If I win the lotto, that is exactly what I am doing!

If I ever won the lotto, I would burn the KJ just to see what kind of flames came from it.
Lotto money will buy you something a lot better than the KJ...