Illuminated window switches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking closely to the window switches in the center console and also the lock/unlock switches that are on each of the front doors. There seems to be a little green lens in the middle of each switch. So I was driving tonight and I noticed that they do not light up. Only the front Auto switches do. The others don't. I thought they would since they have that little lens like the switches in my dad's durango. They light up, mine don't. Can anyone confirm that the switches in the KJ light up? If they do, WTH is wrong with mine?:confused:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking closely to the window switches in the center console and also the lock/unlock switches that are on each of the front doors. There seems to be a little green lens in the middle of each switch. So I was driving tonight and I noticed that they do not light up. Only the front Auto switches do. The others don't. I thought they would since they have that little lens like the switches in my dad's durango. They light up, mine don't. Can anyone confirm that the switches in the KJ light up? If they do, WTH is wrong with mine?:confused:

Mine don't light up either..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My 04 center window switches: only bottom switches or for the front two windows appear to be lit by a fine sliver of green, in the center of switch. Side locks on door nothing just darkness.
I also wonder if all 4 windows one should be lightly illuminated.
There is nothing but darkness on the door lock ones.
Really quite cheap of Chrysler, what is the KK like? Interior lights and door switch/windows all illuminated? How about mat light (puddle lights)?

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'02-'04's I believe all the window switches and door lock switches light up(at least for '02's since mine do) and '05+ do not(saved money by not including a few lights).
Are the light sockets still there?...can I easily add lights?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
My '04 switches didn't light up either, so yeah. Only the front two (Auto Down Windows), and the ones on the back of the center console for the rear passengers.

All switches are illuminated for the KK.

R

RoyalDudeness

The only ones that are lit for dude are the front two window switches; as soon as you open the door they go off.