HD cooling system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i bought my jeep i was told it has a heavy duty cooling system or something in it. i have no idea what it looks like but my friend said it had to do with the fan thats installed on it... here's the pics of mine (just got back from the lake still gotta get all the mud out)

Attachments

• photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 81
  • photo (12).jpg
    photo (12).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 78
  • photo (13).jpg
    photo (13).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 76

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm... ok. glad to know that. im learning something everyday from this forum lol. yeah, got a little dirty at the lake on sunday, gotta wait till im not training to the libby washed

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha ok, i'll keep looking
thanks
just another project to add to my list.... i've got around 38 things i wanna do lol

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha ok, i'll keep looking
thanks
just another project to add to my list.... i've got around 38 things i wanna do lol

Keep an eye out in junkyards, I have scored the mechanical fan and shroud. WJ's used the same p/n electric fan as the HD cooling KJ's.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having the HD cooling also makes a big difference when off roading.
Well worth having.
This one time I'm going to have to disagree with you Ry,well just about the mechanical fan part of the HD cooling.

When I MOAB earlier this year my KJ without the mechanical fan was running cooler then USAFCOP's KJ with the mechanical fan.He had a new fan clutch and radiator also as they were replaced during his SFA swap.I was running 10-15 degrees cooler and both of us have the updated cooling fan relay.

I only added a huge AUX trans cooler,in addition to the in-radiator trans cooler, and functional hood vents.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...I only added a huge AUX trans cooler,in addition to the in-radiator trans cooler, and functional hood vents.

Early this month when I was wheeling it was in the low 60s (so not that warm outside) and at one point when I stopped to grab a drink (and get rid of a previous beverage :cheers: ) I leaned on my hood. Damn thing was HOT - though the gauges were all reading normal. Fans were doing their job moving the hot air through the rad.

My first thought went to the pic of your Gila monster driving into a creek and the hood vents showing nicely. Think I might invest in a set of those Run Cool vents.

Bob

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early this month when I was wheeling it was in the low 60s (so not that warm outside) and at one point when I stopped to grab a drink (and get rid of a previous beverage :cheers: ) I leaned on my hood. Damn thing was HOT - though the gauges were all reading normal. Fans were doing their job moving the hot air through the rad.

My first thought went to the pic of your Gila monster driving into a creek and the hood vents showing nicely. Think I might invest in a set of those Run Cool vents.

Bob
They work and they do look good at the same time.