Wierd steering issue, already seen this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 or 3 week ago, I noticed that when I completly turn the steering wheel both left and right the car suddenly slow down or stop, and when I want to make it go I need to push the pedal quite a lot only to move while it wasn't needed at all previously or very slightly push it.
It happen on both side.
Since I don't have what I would need to lift the it I only gave it a little look but saw nothing. Everything seems to be in place and in good condition.

some option I don't think are the prloblem.
Front suspension gave up - but regular driving didn't change and the wheel clearance is still the same.
unaligned wheel, but the issue wouldn't happen on both side.

I am using 225/75R16 tire so should fit no problem.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah driving in 4 X 4 part time for about a month...snow melted and re-iced so -_-.

I'll try it in 2X4 tomorrow morning.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
4wd part time or low will cause wheel binding on dry/non-slick surfaces.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah driving in 4 X 4 part time for about a month...snow melted and re-iced so -_-.

I'll try it in 2X4 tomorrow morning.

Just an FYI - 4x4 doesn't help on ice. In fact nothing does with the exception of something that will actually cut through ice (studs or chains). Drive it in 4x2 like you should normally and only use 4x4 when you really need it (a good amount of snow, mud, etc). If you need 4x4 during rain, you need new tires. I figured that one out myself.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI - 4x4 doesn't help on ice. In fact nothing does with the exception of something that will actually cut through ice (studs or chains). Drive it in 4x2 like you should normally and only use 4x4 when you really need it (a good amount of snow, mud, etc). If you need 4x4 during rain, you need new tires. I figured that one out myself.

I know that, but I'm in quebec,]...snow everywhere, and since our city employee are on strike they are to dumb to clean it and make the road safer for every one.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 4wd when it happens? If so 100% normal.

Yep, today road were clean and free of snow thx to the soft weather si I tired both position didn't happen in 2X4 and happened while I was in 4X4 to get out of a friend driveway.
Seem you were right ;)

Thx TjKj.