Transmission shifter / middle console lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pgy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if the transmission shifter is supposed to have a backlight ( i assume the P, D, N etc should be lit?) Not sure if mine doesn't work or if there just isn't any installed to start with, but before i remove the middle console i was hoping someone knows, and which type of bulb? - Jeep KJ CRD 2003
I looked through the manual but i didn't find a reference to it..
Thank you all!

Pgy

Reaction score
Thank you! Can’t find those anywhere though, I don’t think they are in production anymore? Any alternatives? When I looked for the 14v/14w I got some results showing these as replacements 2721 12v/1.2W ..I don’t know anything about electrical stuff so I don’t want to mess up..

ikuo78

Reaction score
You can find it by searching for mopar number.
Also available on amazon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pgy

Reaction score
I have to find a seller located in Europe, but so far no luck. I was hoping there's a replacement, a lot of parts aren't produced anymore or supplied by dealers. I found the Osram 2721 ( comes with a plastic casing but it can be removed)
Looks like this
Only thing is that it's 12W not 14

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could just solder a white led in it's place.
I doubt you will notice a 2W difference in the bulb, it's only a glow when it's on.

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
The bulb actually goes in the shifter base so that when you shift, it will align with P, R, N, D. 2 & 1, what ever gear you select. It rides with the shifter indicator and is under the plastic slide sort of tray that has all the shift positions P, R, N, etc on it. It will light up the selected gear only

ikuo78

Reaction score
I have to find a seller located in Europe, but so far no luck. I was hoping there's a replacement, a lot of parts aren't produced anymore or supplied by dealers. I found the Osram 2721 ( comes with a plastic casing but it can be removed)
Looks like this
Only thing is that it's 12W not 14

It seems to be okay if you have a T5 base.
W2 x d4.6 (mm)

Pgy

Reaction score
Much appreciated! It worked! Europe sure is different for everything car related, different codes, sizes

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated! It worked! Europe sure is different for everything car related, different codes, sizes
I work with a mixture of American, British and Metric systems, makes connecting this up fun, BSPP one end, JIC the other etc. Keeps me on my toes lol

Latest posts

Members online