OME/Bilstein lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotrodrOH

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reading about lifts since I got my 2004 kJ in early August. I'm pretty sure I want OME spring and Bilstein shocks since I am pretty priced restrained but I want quality. Also, I think I will only being going with 235/75/16 tires and I think the OME926/947 would be best springs for me. I will never add a heavy bumper and if I add skid plates it will be the Jeep OEM skid plates. My question is what are the Bilstein shocks part numbers I will need for this lift. Jeepinbyal seems to have pretty good prices on the Bilstein shocks but I want to save ever dollar I can in order to justify the lift and would like the part numbers.

Thanks,
Rod

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reading about lifts since I got my 2004 kJ in early August. I'm pretty sure I want OME spring and Bilstein shocks since I am pretty priced restrained but I want quality. Also, I think I will only being going with 235/75/16 tires and I think the OME926/947 would be best springs for me. I will never add a heavy bumper and if I add skid plates it will be the Jeep OEM skid plates. My question is what are the Bilstein shocks part numbers I will need for this lift. Jeepinbyal seems to have pretty good prices on the Bilstein shocks but I want to save ever dollar I can in order to justify the lift and would like the part numbers.

Thanks,
Rod

If you want quality then I would go full OME kit, shocks are designed with those springs as a whole suspension system. But if you want to save money we've installed quite a number of OME spring/ Bilstein shock combos. Rear shocks do not fit tight unless you use the kit from JBA or add a few washers since they are not designed for the KJ.
The 926/947 combo is OK, but I'd still go with the 927/948 , no one has ever complained when we installed that spring set up. The 926s are rated at 375 lb and the 927s at 400. Many have ran without an aftermarket bumper etc on theirs. The shocks listed on the JBA site explain as to how much lift etc , or a message to Marlin ( the owner ) will verify which ones you want or need. Depends on your price point of course .
Also figure in the Teraflex front bumpstops and two per side hockey pucks bolted down to the spring pads for the rear. Cheap insurance even if you never plan on going offroad.

Tom

Easy lift to do, we've done a lot of them for folks in Ohio, plus 5-6 other states. I see you are fairly close by, have a couple of people in your area as well. If you need more just let me know .

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front Bilstein part# is 24-139168
Rear Bilstein part# for up to 4" lift is 24-185660

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note all front shocks are the same there is no difference between stock height and lifted. Ironman shocks are a bit longer though