Sourcing lift kit/components in Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ticklebunny

Reaction score
Hey folks. Had my 2004 Liberty for a few years now, and while it's done beyond its fair share of offroad time bone stock, I'm thinking its time for some upgrades.

I've read as many of the threads here as I could, (Shout out to Tom for all the great info through the years), and general consensus is OME kit, Ironman kit, or piecemeal with OME springs and OME or bilstein shocks plus bumpstops and hockey pucks.

My question is more about sourcing in Canada, as it gets a little more pricey up here, and a lot of the Canadian links/sites in the international section are outdated. Anyone know of legitimate/well priced Canadian retailers that carry either the kits, or individual parts? Happy to order from multiple sources, the potential shipping fees, currency conversion fees and duties really stack up when looking at US retailers.

Just as an example, in terms of kits:
- ironman 4x4 retails the kit for 1,049 US plus about 120 in shipping. Add potential duties/taxes on (which the Canadian gov website estimates at ~220 US), and you're looking at 1388 US (almost 1900 Canadian).
- Rocky road has the OME kits for 1082 USD, unclear on shipping but again add duties/taxes and you get close to the same number.

Hopefully I haven't missed any recent threads on this, and thanks in advance for any help.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Wish I could help… I imported my kit from All J’s in San Bernadino. (they have discontinued it) There was a company in Quebec but it’s been a while and they don’t seem to exist anymore.

I don’t recall having to pay anything other than GST on it however that was almost 15yrs ago. If/when you find that Canadian supplier I think you will find that even with all the issues you mentioned the price will still be comparable if not lower, sourcing from the U.S.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
North Shore Off Road in North Vancouver BC or any off their locations can quote you in CAN$ for the OME 927/948 coils.

The other company I know of is TFT off road car & truck & jeep accessories quoted me $ 286 per pair of coils. Plus taxes.
Their address is 20315 96th Ave in Langley BC- tel: 778-726-2787

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the TeraFlex budget boost, RRO upper arms, and a JBA tri-link extension... All ordered from the usa.

Here is a knockoff of the TeraFlex spacers:
maXpeedingrods 2" Front Leveling Kit for Jeep Liberty KJ KK 2002-2012, Suspension Lift Kit for Dodge Nitro 2007-2012 SUV https://a.co/d/1lfGW8c

Northridge4x4.ca has little bit of stuff for KJs.

Sometimes its still worth it to drop-ship in blaine or pt roberts and pick it up.

Anton807

Reaction score
I bought OME springs & Bilstein shocks through Summit Racing about April 2022. Was about the best price I could find shipped to northern Ontario wasn't stock but took about 2 months. They also had isolators and a few other harder to find parts.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T-Dot performance sells OME - Essex distributors in Vancouver sells H&R and Bilstien - they usually have discount codes too. Ironman has some good prices when they do their 25% off coupon - last time I checked the whole Ironman kit was about $1200 in shipped to my door in BC. And of course there are the other retailers listed above - NSOR etc.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought OME springs & Bilstein shocks through Summit Racing about April 2022. Was about the best price I could find shipped to northern Ontario wasn't stock but took about 2 months. They also had isolators and a few other harder to find parts.
Summit actually has free freight to canada - I believe it kicks in at $300usd.

ticklebunny

Reaction score
Very interesting, the write up on the H&R springs is great. They're available from Essex for a pretty decent price ($463 CAD shipped with a current 20% family day discount, which is definitely the cheapest option for springs.

TDOT does have OME it seems, with OME springs front and back, OME rear shocks and Bilstein fronts (OME fronts are $$ from TDOT), cart comes out to $1200 CAD with family day 10% off, which is actually pretty good.

I'll have to get in touch with some of the other shops mentioned above after the long weekend here.

Really appreciate all the help folks.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting, the write up on the H&R springs is great. They're available from Essex for a pretty decent price ($463 CAD shipped with a current 20% family day discount, which is definitely the cheapest option for springs.
Nice discount - it was 15% when i checked a few days ago.

ticklebunny

Reaction score
Hey folks, just thought I'd post an update if anyone is interested.

I ended up ordering most of the stuff from TDOT, with their prices, free shipping, and Family Day discount they basically beat out everyone else.

The main issue I ran into, is that OME N132Ls apparently no longer exist. I called around and nobody had any left in stock, and ARB confirmed they're no longer made with no replacement. I also called All J's who apparently sold their last set last week. They're now using the OME 60069's for the rear, and running without bumpstops.

I also called Ironman just out of curiosity, as their kits are well regarded around here. They do sell shocks individually, which are the Ironman 12712GR, which had specs of 375 mm compressed, 570 mm extended, so not quite as long as the OMEs or some other options. They also have a Long version, but even compressed those were 416mm (just over 16 inches), which is a decent bit taller than most of the other common options.

There are quite a few conversations about alternate options on these forums, I ended up going with Bilstein 24-185660s, which from the sounds of things need a small sleeve to fit the bolt and the bushing properly (most people seem to use a small piece of pipe, but if anyone has done this and has the measurements needed, feel free to share).

Pretty much everyone had to back order/special order when I contacted them.

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too late now, but I'm in Vancouver and I sourced my H&R springs plus Bilstein dampers from Essex locally. Good experience with them and the parts they sold me. I've ordered from Tdot before and they were okay. Pretty slow, but I believe they drop ship most everything, so they don't really have much of anything in stock. They do have a massive catalog though which is pretty cool.

Sounds like you are doing extended shocks in the rear then? The standard length 4600s are PN 24-139175 (no sleeve required), so that must be the case. Are you doing some sort of extension for the front shocks as well? If you are doing long shocks in the rear and extensions up front you'll need extended bump stops. If you are not running extended shocks you may or may not need extended bump stops- it depends on your tire size and wheel offset.