Getting 4:10's F&R rear ends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it's feasible to get front and rear differentials from a donor Kj that has 4:10's and install them in a 2006? Would the ABS stuff adapt for the rear diff?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The way we do the rear diff's is pull the brake lines/ calipers etc all off on the KJ we are installing the new diff on and let them attached. That way no bleeding of brakes, no issues with anything then

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if it's feasible to get front and rear differentials from a donor Kj that has 4:10's and install them in a 2006? Would the ABS stuff adapt for the rear diff?
Front yes rear no.

'02-'05 KJ's have a option of a 3 channel ABS system with the rear diff sensor in the center running off a tone ring behind the ring gear.'06 and '07 KJ's use a 4 channel ABS system(standard) with the rear sensors(2 of them) now mounted at each wheel end reading tone rings on the axle shaft itself.

Sadly no '06+ KJ ever came with 4.10's for a direct rear diff swap,front does not matter what year.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's '05 doesn't have ABS... maybe it can be deleted?

Last edited:

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my 04 no abs i could swap crd gears into my gasser no problem?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so my 04 no abs i could swap crd gears into my gasser no problem?

Why would you want to swap in CRD gears/Diffs ?

The mounts are different so you'd have to swap your gasser mounts onto the CRDs

Oh wait , Canada I guess you get the export versions of the CRD?

Gas 2.4 KJ,auto or manual--4.10's
Gas 3.7 KJ,auto--3.73's
Gas 3.7 KJ,5 speed manual--3.73's
Gas 3.7 KJ,6 speed manual--3.55's
US CRD(auto only)--3.73's
Export CRD with 2.8,auto--3.73's
Export CRD with 2.5,auto or manual--4.10's

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well just looking for an easy way to get 4:10s without taking it to the shop sinc ei dont have the tools to put them in my existing... i must have misread. i just now there is a crd at the junker here with minimal km on it. my jeep is american! im in windsor actually essentially detroits armpit.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well just looking for an easy way to get 4:10s without taking it to the shop sinc ei dont have the tools to put them in my existing... i must have misread. i just now there is a crd at the junker here with minimal km on it. my jeep is american! im in windsor actually essentially detroits armpit.

haha or as Stephen Colbert likes to call Windsor...Earths ****** :happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Check the VIN to see what it has maybe. Didn't know you were that close! The whole time I lived in Toledo I wanted to run up and cross over into Windsor just to do a bit of sightseeing

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the VIN to see what it has maybe. Didn't know you were that close! The whole time I lived in Toledo I wanted to run up and cross over into Windsor just to do a bit of sightseeing

pelee island is nice... you basically tae a boat across the lake to get drunk all day

if its 4:10s will they bolt up directly no problem?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
pelee island is nice... you basically tae a boat across the lake to get drunk all day

if its 4:10s will they bolt up directly no problem?
Should bolt up no issues at all, CRDs mounts are over further than gassers but as long as you use your mounts you're good to go

I used to spend two weeks at Put In Bay every summer , boating, some fishing and lots of drinking , we'd run up and over to Pelee

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should bolt up no issues at all, CRDs mounts are over further than gassers but as long as you use your mounts you're good to go

I used to spend two weeks at Put In Bay every summer , boating, some fishing and lots of drinking , we'd run up and over to Pelee

fantastic this is what i wanted to hear cuz the guy wants lie 500 bucs for the whoe rig... the gears themselves are worth it to me

im down your way too. kind of a browns fan!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
fantastic this is what i wanted to hear cuz the guy wants lie 500 bucs for the whoe rig... the gears themselves are worth it to me

im down your way too. kind of a browns fan!

Double check the gear ratio first and make 100% sure

Kind of .......:shrug: a Browns Fan :icon_lol:
I think a lot are, they are kind of fans although you have those diehard no matter what happens fans as well !!

Wait 500 for the whole thing???
What all is there left?

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check the gear ratio first and make 100% sure

Kind of .......:shrug: a Browns Fan :icon_lol:
I think a lot are, they are kind of fans although you have those diehard no matter what happens fans as well !!

Wait 500 for the whole thing???
What all is there left?

motor and ****** are not there back glass is missing but its mostly there.
i just got an 05 limite for 500 bucks too whole truck popped motor. i know a guy ... at the junk yard and he lets me know when they come in so i can scoop em up since they are few and far between

i wish the local "jeep" guy here considered kj's jeeps.. he only does wranglers and says i drive a mercedess. and most of the mechanics here are garbage.. no real good shop to rebuild gears or anything unless i head up north a few hours.... to do that i may as well traavel south a few hours.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is it ex delivery vehicle needs 2 k worth of motor work or somethign got it for 500

Attachments

• 10947673_10205648369989097_603271229_n.jpg
    10947673_10205648369989097_603271229_n.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16