Rear springs needed to replace 4 inch JBA springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-

after 8 years the time has come for replacing the springs since all have sagged badly.

I bought the JBA tommud econolift when I first got the jeep. over the years shocks were replaced a few times (old man emu are the best bang for my buck), kk forks added etc.

As for front springs- not a problem really - OME is common here. went to a local offroad shop ("sir - we have everything for a rubicon or a bronco but we need to special order parts for that mickey mouse jeep") and it took 24 hours for them to send a set of front OME 926 (had the 927 before, feels the same).

after they settled (and a war broke) I can't help but notice the front is taller - and that makes sense because the rear JBA 4 inch lift springs have sagged. they havent really done their job for quite some time and the trunk is loaded with tools and overland stuff, so it's time to get new springs for the rear- However- As far as i know JBA don't make rear springs.

I can get a set of OME rear heavy duty springs but from what i understand they will require spacers and I do not want to use those. Are there any ideas for springs that will be compatible with the liberty and give me the desired lift and also carry my heavy stuff?

p"s: we have some dumb lift laws here that restrict us from getting over 2 inches of lift - that came into effect a few years ago after I got my lift from JBA - so I can't just get me a set of 3 or 4 inch skyjackers from amazon (also I cant get stuff from amazon for the next few weeks, I have so much free time cause my country is in a state of war) - but I can go to a parts store and get me almost any sort of stock spring for another model or even a 2 inch lift spring.

Any models with compatible springs? I just saw a youtube of a guy installing JK springs on his lib...but he had to cut those.

Ideas welcome

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw someone say that jba used eibach springs, but I really don't know. Good luck!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread may be useful to you in finding a replacement spring that can work for you. I will eventually be in your shoes and am very interested in how you solve this.

There is info there about rear springs too, especially the last two posts.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another one to check out:

The author used Land Rover Discovery springs to replace their 4” JBA’s.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx- got me some LR discovery 2 inch lift coils. they seem quite long compared to the JBA's- gonna have to wait and see

hobolurkin

Reaction score
I installed the OME HD rears, and then reinstalled my Airlift air spring kit (AIR LIFT 60777) with it. On the minimum pressure, vehicle unloaded, it gives a minor rake and a very nice ride. Can fine tune the ride height/ride comfort when loaded by adjusting pressure. I've beat the ever living HELL out of them off-road over the last 3 years and never a leak. The beatings have occurred while at minimum pressure and load, up to nearly maximum pressure with 3 adults and lots of offroading/camping gear. It took a little trial and error to get the right combination of "bump-stops" inside the spring, but I ended up sandwiching these, in this order, top to bottom:

--------
- stock bump stop, cut shorter so that only one 'rib' is protruding, providing a flat surface -
- hockey puck with bolt attaching to bump stop; bolt runs through both the puck and bump stop and is countersunk so the bolt does not protrude into the air bag-
- air bag -
- adapter plate supplied with air bag -
---------
You must be registered for see images attach