cruise control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up an 07 liberty, it has the cruise control buttons on it and what not but it doesn't seem to turn on. When I try to turn it on, the cruise light doesn't even turn on. I looked through all the fuses and all fuses are fine, tried looking for this cruise control unit with a 90 degree vacuum hose behind the airbox, however I don't really know what I'm looking for.

does anyone have a picture of the cruise control unit.. (just want to make sure I actually have the unit..haha, not just the buttons on the steering wheel)

or anyone with any thoughts? the whole cruise control unit won't turn on. from what I read, the fuse that powers cruise also powers other functions, but everything else still works.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cruise control unit is on the passenger side behind the air box. Its pretty easy to find if you follow the cable from the throttle, it goes right to it.

Wait, I just noticed you have an 07 liberty and Im not sure how the cruise control works on those. You may not have the control unit that works off of vacuum like most do. You have that fly by wire crap that opens and closes the throttle for you instead of you using your foot on the gas pedal.

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I was looking for throttle cables earlier today, couldn't find any so I couldn't trace anything back.. so I figured I'd ask the forum

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's in the PCM as TJ notes, you ain't ever gonna fix it.