climate control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

medievil

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between 55037533AD and 55037533AG (other than ag has a separate ac on/off switch while ad uses the position knob to turn it off and on)
Reason I ask is I can NOT get an ag to control temp in my 2003, electrically they seem identical, but setting the temp to cold, results in luke warm air...while simply plugging that one lone plug into the ad unit, air is cold....

medievil

Reaction score
may have found the solution (late here so can't check til tomorrow... apparently the newer units have to be calibrated
temp to 12 o'clock
turn ignition on (no start) and within 10 seconds, sweep temp to cold, pause 1 second, sweep to hot, pause, sweep to cold, pause, sweep to hot, pause, sweep to cold.... and then it should be calibrated

medievil

Reaction score
hmmm... either the calibration is not applicable or I am just doing it wrong... I DO know the issue though, with the AD unit you can hear the blend door run (close or open) for a good 10 seconds, but with the AG unit, it runs about 3-5 and stops...so it doesn't cycle completely closed for AC

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the system in a 2003 is that clever, no climate control or anything, it's just a vacuum operated set of flaps. Mine has snapped one of the actuators off so no air to the floor anymore :-( unless the US ones have a different setup?? Mine is a European spec.
The 2003 shouldn't have a switch for the AC, that's the later ones, have you downloaded the free manuals? Look for the link on here if not.