chrysler Spray paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Anyone use that paint in the can that you can buy from the auto store that says it matches your base coat? If so, how does it look?

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Yes, the color match is what I was wondering about. I want to repaint my front grill (the clear is coming off ) as the bugs and road debris have done a number on it.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the color match is what I was wondering about. I want to repaint my front grill (the clear is coming off ) as the bugs and road debris have done a number on it.

With the grill it probably won't be too noticeable unless its a really bad match.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
napa auto can make you a paint in a can for about $20... it will be exactly what your paint was when it was new... prep sand your grill properly (ie... get all that clear off of it and make it smooth (don't go finer than about 340 grit) with no rock chip pits) spray several light coats of this paint on. the clear is mixed in with it) fine sand the finished product with 1000 grit wet sand. it will look show room new

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
napa auto can make you a paint in a can for about $20... it will be exactly what your paint was when it was new... prep sand your grill properly (ie... get all that clear off of it and make it smooth with no rock chip pits) spray several light coats of this paint on. the clear is mixed in with it) fine sand the finished product with 1000 grit wet sand. it will look show room new

Hum.. i may have to look into this for my tailgate.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The times I have had them make me a spray can, i wind up getting a little pint can of the left overs, which they can turn into another spray can for a lesser price than the first can, since you have the paint already

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
napa auto can make you a paint in a can for about $20... it will be exactly what your paint was when it was new... prep sand your grill properly (ie... get all that clear off of it and make it smooth (don't go finer than about 340 grit) with no rock chip pits) spray several light coats of this paint on. the clear is mixed in with it) fine sand the finished product with 1000 grit wet sand. it will look show room new

Great, thanks....Got a Napa about 30 mins from me....I will keep you posted

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They also should have the scanner that can scan the actual paint on your KJ and match perfectly. It takes a picture of the paint and prints out what all they need to match it.
I have used it to do GM's, Jeeps, Ford's and even Harleys and comes out almost perfect or as close as you can get to perfect!

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
They also should have the scanner that can scan the actual paint on your KJ and match perfectly. It takes a picture of the paint and prints out what all they need to match it.
I have used it to do GM's, Jeeps, Ford's and even Harleys and comes out almost perfect or as close as you can get to perfect!

Like at Home Depot? Will they give it to me in a spray can? I don't have any paint guns or stuff like that.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Home Depot?
For Jeep parts?:D
No at the Automotive Paint Store;)
Yes in spray cans

ummm, I guess it did sound like that...The process that HD does when you bring in something and they can match the paint...Sounds like the same thing.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK that makes sense so yes something along those lines yes.
I thought you were going to use house paint on the Lib!:rolleyes::D