Chrysler 8.25 Steel Diff Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make the forum aware of a quality fabrication shop in York, PA, who makes steel diff covers (and other things as well).

www.drzfab.com

Since I recently picked up a brand new Torq locker, I figured I should upgrade my diff cover when I put that in. I found Dr.Z while searching for diff covers and figured I would support a local fabricator rather than a corporation. His work is really good:

You must be registered for see images attach

The diff cover can be ordered fully welded like mine, or discounted if you weld it yourself. My little HF welder can’t do 1/4 plate so I had him put it together for me. After it came today, I primed it and then painted it this red to match my JBA upper control arms:

Not sure what I think about having a red diff cover, but I’ll give it a shot! I figured it was more fun than painting it black like everything else. :)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I wanted to make the forum aware of a quality fabrication shop in York, PA, who makes steel diff covers (and other things as well).

www.drzfab.com

Since I recently picked up a brand new Torq locker, I figured I should upgrade my diff cover when I put that in. I found Dr.Z while searching for diff covers and figured I would support a local fabricator rather than a corporation. His work is really good:

The diff cover can be ordered fully welded like mine, or discounted if you weld it yourself. My little HF welder can’t do 1/4 plate so I had him put it together for me. After it came today, I primed it and then painted it this red to match my JBA upper control arms:

Not sure what I think about having a red diff cover, but I’ll give it a shot! I figured it was more fun than painting it black like everything else. :)
Red is good. Then you can look back and see the smears on that boulder you got hung on. ;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Good point! A Jeep’s instinct is to mark its territory.
My over the top red on Bert’s armor saved my but.t numerous times. Always being solo with no spotter I could easily see what and where I was getting hung up, thus being able to adapt and adjust.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t installed yet but it’s painted and ready to go. It’s beefy and really nice quality. It also comes with all the hardware, including a fill plug and new bolts. I got a Fel-Pro gasket for it for when the time comes, and a gallon of Lucas 85w140 for the Torq locker.

Last edited:

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t installed yet but it’s painted and ready to go. It’s beefy and really nice quality. It also comes with all the hardware, including a fill plug and new bolts. I got a Fel-Pro gasket for it for when the time comes, and a gallon of Lucas 85w140 for the Torq locker.
I'll have to see if they ship to the great white north. I like local (mom and pop) made stuff. The rustic, but clean look is pretty appealing. Good call on the fel-pro gasket. Using a punch to smash off the silicon and cover would be less than ideal.