Cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Reaction score
His " WALKER JUNK " is going on 6 years now and still doing well, NO RUST
Maybe it's a New York thing. Mine never lasted. Even Walker's own web site says their "premium line's" lifespan is 2 - 3 years.. They don't even mention their regular line. Read their own words:

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says a lot about aftermarket parts. Honestly it makes the stigma that buying a used car is a money pit.
Let me tell you I’ve done the cat back (cats replaced too) since 2018-19 and this year I had to have the exhaust welded up in multiple spots.
So would you expect that from a Jeep you bought new in 2018 ?
Even my “Mopar” wheel bearings were shot last October. I chalked up the vibration / howling being my mid tires. So who know how long they were actually bad.

Moral of the story is, aftermarket seems to last long enough to find a buyer.

All my cars / Jeeps are heavily modified to some extent - and it wasn’t until recent thst I started having issues replacing or repairing repairs sooner then expected.

**** even my JBA arms have powdecoat missing : rust already.

Im in Buffalo and I get my oil sprayed before each winter and fully loaded car wash pass for the winter months.

Trainmaster

Reaction score
The problem is reflected in more than car parts. We live in a nation where the middle and lower economic classes are going broke. Government is inflating the currency at record rates, so there is a larger demand for cheap stuff. We work on our cars. Where I live, in New York, only illegal aliens with minimal employment work on cars. Everyone else leases new stuff for $300 a month. They dump it after three years.

These economic and social factors affect the quality of everything. Ever try to by quality plumbing parts? Faucets that last more than a year? Building materials? More and more stuff is being manufactured with lowest price as the only consideration.

It's a real challenge for the guy who wants to hold onto his stuff or modify it...