AZJKJ Christmas Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yow-zah,,, well guess thats that... i got a buddy coming into town and he is up in the air on his departure time that weekend. im gonna see if he wants to join er what, but if he is here and cant make it up there, im going to be visiting with him here down in phx.. all things considered, im a maybe

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shawn deleted the attendee list and all the information for this run in the first post of this thread... so, whoever still wants to do the Sedona run, let me know and I'll get a new list going, set up a meeting place, time etc.

I'll stay with the original plan of Van Deren's Cabin and Oak Creek Homestead and throw in Soldiers Pass and/or Broken Arrow to make a full day of it and dinner afterwards.

My bad. Sorry. PM sent.

Once again, sorry guys. Just a lot of confusion regarding the run and I have other pressures right now that I did not anticipate when I originally posted the idea. Have fun, Merry Christmas, and be safe out there.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beth and I are still going to do the run, if your interested, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Date: Dec 29th
Meet: 0900
Rollout: 0930
Where: The Visitor's Center in Oak Creek Village
Trails: Broken Arrow... Wells #23 (rated Difficult, there is a bypass)
Soldier Pass... Wells #18 (rated Difficult for one tough spot)
Van Deren Cabin... Wells #19 (rated Moderate)
Oak Creek Homestead... Wells #22 (rated Moderate)
Dinner: TBA

Note: A $5.00 Red Rock Pass per vehicle is required and can be bought at the Visitor's Center.

- AZKJ w/co-copilot (definate)
- o8k (wild card)
- rkeegstra w/? (probably)
- M&P40 (maybe)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok update, my buddy is gonna be in town till sat afternoon so ill be here visiting w/ him while he is here, is this run sat er sun?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok update, my buddy is gonna be in town till sat afternoon so ill be here visiting w/ him while he is here, is this run sat er sun?
Saturday, Dec 29th. I'll take you off the list.... sad2.gif

I'm probably in, most likely Mary-less but perhaps with other family members. Russ
I'll add you to the list.... :)

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really would like to go, but my buddy is like a 2nd father to me so that comes first, didnt ask what time his flight was saturday so he may have no time to hang out, be that as it may, put me down as a wild card.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...didnt ask what time his flight was saturday so he may have no time to hang out, be that as it may, put me down as a wild card.
If it's not a super early morning flight, you'll have a hard time making it up to Sedona by 0900. I'll put you down as a "wild card" and we'll hope for the best.... :)

Last edited:

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am playing it by ear for now. i still want to go and as it is i have the day off but my schedule changes every 2 days lately so i could have to drop out at the last min, but for now i am in

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am playing it by ear for now. i still want to go and as it is i have the day off but my schedule changes every 2 days lately so i could have to drop out at the last min, but for now i am in
Robert... got you down as a maybe. Hope to see you there.... :)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... with all the maybe's etc, it looks like this trip is scheduled during a bad time being the holidays and all.

I'm gonna bow out too. Maybe we can get together and try this in January. If you guys want to pick a date, I'll re-post this run for next month....

AJ

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bout Jan 19th and 20th in Sedona? That would be a GREAT idea. I'll be down for going then too. As a matter of fact I've already reserved a place and the Deadhorse Camp grounds. See ya then.

later, mike

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bout Jan 19th and 20th in Sedona? That would be a GREAT idea. I'll be down for going then too. As a matter of fact I've already reserved a place and the Deadhorse Camp grounds. See ya then.

later, mike
Mike... you're talking about the LOST Fun-In-The-Sun run, right? With less than a month to go, have they picked the trails yet and set a schedule for them? Last time I heard, everything was still being kept a secret. I don't want to show up on the 19th and find the harder trails are being done that day and the easier ones the following day. We could only make it on the 19th.

Does anyone else here have other inputs? Do you want to combine our Sedona run with the LOST Fun-In-The-Sun trip in January, or do you want to keep it seperate and do it on a different date???

Last edited:

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll make other plans as well then, count me out.

I will be at FITS on 1/19 and 1/20, camping.

Russ

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have already scheduled my time off for FITS in Jan, so i can wait a couple of weeks. i am still coming down off the rush from going to sunflower mine last weekend ;)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay then, it looks like this thread on the AZ Christmas Run is all done and we'll see everyone at FITS in January pending a post over at LOST as to what trails they are going to run and on what day....

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i guess thats that then... merry Christmas everyone! FITS should be a blast, i look forward to the trip...

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse or anything (or as Joss Whedon said, at what point does it stop being CPR and start being necrophilia?), but as it turns out I *am* going to be in Sedona in the Jeep on Saturday, with some family.

Anyone wanna do a trail?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in that...