Anyone want to do a meet and greet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be able to go depending on my schedule and when you go in March. Also need to coordinate another jeeper with a wrangler. Also, it is about a 4+ hour drive. So I will be a "maybe".

Not sure yet but I will keep an eye on this thread.

Dave

I hear ya. Im going back out next Tuesday and ill take some videos of the terrain you can check out. its far a drive if your not into the area. I also found this website called openstreetmap.org. It shows a lot of the trails in bamber lakes and down in the pines national reserve. I downloaded an editor that i can add exact coordinates of pits, hill climbs and other places of interest. I have Bamber Lakes pretty much done but when i get down to the pines in march im guna log the gps points and put that map together.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang this sounds like fun. Too bad the academy has my weekends tied up until May :( hopefully there will be another one.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang this sounds like fun. Too bad the academy has my weekends tied up until May :( hopefully there will be another one.

As thebluekj said, dont worry about it there will deff be more outings. I work every other weekend so i have Monday off one week and Tuesday off the next so ill be going out at least 2 weekdays a month. Actually ill probably be going out to bamber lakes next tuesday if you wana come.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As thebluekj said, dont worry about it there will deff be more outings. I work every other weekend so i have Monday off one week and Tuesday off the next so ill be going out at least 2 weekdays a month. Actually ill probably be going out to bamber lakes next tuesday if you wana come.

Also at the academy, they pretty much have no free time anymore. :icon_cry:

Arctic_Libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly down for anywhere. I'm right by the base in NJ and I don't mind driving a little bit if I have to.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in brick (right next to point pleasant) so about an hour drive down to the pines, so im game to head south. Bamber lakes is like 20 min from me so i can go anytime.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be able to make it. I've got a college visit that just got scheduled for the 23rd. I'll definitely come to the next one.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I can do this! I'll be in Mercer county. Can you guys let me know the final plan? When/where to meet?

Thanks!!

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I can do this! I'll be in Mercer county. Can you guys let me know the final plan? When/where to meet?

Thanks!!

Well it seems the 23rd works for just about everyone. The question now is where... either down in the pines or bamber lakes doesnt make much difference to me

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pines is stock friendly. Don't know about the other place!

Shoudlnt have any problems in bamber with a stock libby. Alot of whats out there are named dirt roads with pot holes and puddles but almost every puddle has a go around. Then theres a few pits scattered about and some tight jeep trails, so as long as you dont mind trail rash every one can have fun out there.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoudlnt have any problems in bamber with a stock libby. Alot of whats out there are named dirt roads with pot holes and puddles but almost every puddle has a go around. Then theres a few pits scattered about and some tight jeep trails, so as long as you dont mind trail rash every one can have fun out there.

Sounds like my kind of outing! Looking forward to it!

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had another great wheeling outing in bamber lakes on tuesday. Some snow on the ground, took a new trail in, about an hour longer but lots of different routs zig zagging through a power line trail. When i got out to my favorite spot i wanted to get around to the other side of the lake but you need to go diagonal over a pretty steep hill, it was way to slick, would have ended up on my side so ill wait to journey that way. Ill post some pics when i find my sd card. Drove all the way out there with my buddy and his camera only to realize he left the sd card at home and he doesnt have the cord :/ haha i have a video too. I think this should be the location for the meet and greet.