Anyone want to do a meet and greet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im off that weekend so sat, sun or mon is good for me. You get anyone on lost who wants to go? And maybe we should get on a first name basis? Ill start, my names mark. And i have a hunch that wickedbruce is Bruce? Lol

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello-- I'm one of the guys over on LOST who is interested in the Pinelands M&G. I thought I would introduce myself over here, just to make communication a little easier. My name is Lauren. I have an '08 KK that will hopefully be lifted by the 23rd of March. I'll be chomping at the bit to try it out on the trails. Mark, Bruce-- good to meet you. There are a few more of us over on LOST that have expressed interest. Here is the LOST thread so we can keep track. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73833 TheBlueKJ, thanks for organizing.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright well my name's Alec and since the 23rd seems to work for everyone now we can all decide on a good meeting place. Me and Mark we're throwing batsto out there as one place, any other suggestions? And I can't take all the credit Mark gave me the idea in the first place.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batsto is an easy place to find-- tons of signs all over the region help you to get there. I don't know how close it is to places we could wheel. I also noticed that there are lots of signs along the highways in the pine barrens warning how much someone can be fined (and it's a lot) for illegal offroading. We need to be sure it's ok to go where we go. Where did you have in mind, Alec?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there are actually places around that you can wheel which are actual roads through the pine barrens. Burnt Mill Road in Atco is one (supposedly haunted) and Piney Hollow in Winslow is another. My neighbor was telling me about Apple Pie Hill, the highest point in the Pine Barrens, where a 8 mile trail leads up to it. Not quite sure how to get to it though.

Arctic_Libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to meet you guys, I'm Loren.

So it's Batsto's on March 23 the final decision? I'd love to get out with some other jeeps.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if you guys wana try something different then the pines, we can go to bamber lakes area. its in between south toms river and runs south almost to lacey and west over 539 into machester. i was just out there this morning and found some nice technical spots. ill post some pics when i get a chance. and btw lots of places have spots that you cant go to but there really isnt anyway to differentiate between what ok and whats not.

Arctic_Libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we go to a place with some technical spots I would just need some help. I'm a little new to this.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we go to a place with some technical spots I would just need some help. I'm a little new to this.

Its really not that bad. When i say technical, i mean its more technical then just a trail with puddles and soft sand. I stock liberty wouldnt have much trou le as long as your 4wd works.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so far I've aroused the interest of a wrangler and grand cherokee over on jeep forum.

The place I went to yesterday was pretty sweet too. It had some nice hill climbing and was basically an all around great spot for inexperienced people and experienced it's over in winslow.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be able to go depending on my schedule and when you go in March. Also need to coordinate another jeeper with a wrangler. Also, it is about a 4+ hour drive. So I will be a "maybe".

Not sure yet but I will keep an eye on this thread.

Dave