Your tyre reccomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that there has been a number of you guys that dont like the stock Goodyear Wrangler rubber,i have a set of 17"s wheels for street use and 16"s for the dirty stuff ,can anyone recommend some good grippy ,low road noise tyres for the 17"s . Also anyone noticed that when you get close to the stock tyres the sidewalls seem very poorly constructed, bumpy ect ,look like they have been kerbed even though they havent.

Last edited:

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Finnish Nokian Vatiivas on the street and during the winter. I figured the Finnish would have a handle on tires that worked all the time.
I love the things, some of the lugs have 6 sipes in them instead of the usual 1 or 2, they stick like glue to any surface I've put them on except ice. They run just as quiet as the stockers and wear very well also.
They were also much cheaper than some of the other nice tires, such as the Revos, BFG ATs. 40 to 50 dollars cheaper each with the same traction/wear ratings and warranty.

Last edited:

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised as the Nokian winter tires have a near cult following in Europe. In places like Vermont here where there is lots of snow the same thing. I got informed of the tires from some Vermont transplants that run the Vatiivas in the everything but snow on their Subaru and 3/4 ton Ford truck. They run Hakkapelliitas (Hope I spelled it right) in the winter. I show 2 places in Scotland, Lockerbie and Dumfries. Also East Sussex, Tyreco Trading Limited, Near Hailsham, Tel 44+(0) 1323 844 600 email: [email protected].

Last edited: