Yet another new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgp1843

Reaction score
Hi, everyone:

I've been lurking a while, now I've signed up. I have a new 2006 Liberty Sport, 6-speed, with 4300 miles so far. It's my first Jeep, but not my first 4WD - I've had several Toyotas and a great '99 Amigo, and put on more than 350,000 miles over the last 20 years. I live at 9000 feet in southwestern Colorado, about 5 miles north of Ouray - God's country for 'wheelers. So far I really like this Jeep - it just needs a couple of inches more clearance (scraped the factory skid plates coming down from Yankee Boy the other day, which shouldn't happen), and of course the original tires need to be replaced with real All-terrains ASAP. I use a set of Cooper Discoverer M&S tires (studded) in the winter, so will get some good summer tires next spring. Fortunately the Coopers (left over from my Amigo) are 225/75-16, so they will fit just fine.

Looking forward to exchanging info with you all.

Jim P.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, living atop colorado rocks gives you a great opportunity.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jim! And I'm jealous that you live in Ridgway. I was just there about six weeks ago. I love eating at the True Grit. My parents live in Olathe.

Anyway, enjoy the Jeep! That's a perfect place for one. :D