y link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok wanted to have this installed a month ago but got sent out of town for work. Finally getting home and to the garage, the Jba y link extension kit seems to have the incorrect bolts. They don't fit thru the brackets, also the nuts that were sealed in the same bag are a different size. The stock y link bolts fit the nuts and slide right thru the brackets. Am I missing something?

2002 renegade Jba econolift

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked at how it is suppose to be bolted on? You reuse some of the original bolt of course guess a picture of what you have/ don't have would be better

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The instructions say to use the factory hardware to fasten the link extension to the differential. No big deal ran to tractor supply and got some good grade 8 hardware. I got the back done last night. Anyone have issues with the stabalizer bar hitting the y link? I will try and upload some pics in a bit. Working on the front next, back of the jeep.looks awesome compared to the stock front.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the sway bar,
remove it and toss it in the junk pile
does nothing really and most everyone removes theirs
Mines been gone for 160-170,000 miles now with no ill effects

mongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes sway bar, you can slip a dollar between the link and the bar but thats about it. Black wheels and duratracs really make it look like a zombie crusher :boxed:

On a side note i pulled the drums which had the factory star washers on them still. breaks look like new at 46k