WTB Replacement Rad Fan, Electric

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My electric rad fan has failed for a second time. It's working right now but I really need to replace it with a new one. Can anybody recommend where I can buy one in Canada other than the stealership?

Before you say it, I have purchased tried purchasing one from a wrecking yard and it too was fubar.

sent from my Galaxy SIII & Tapatalk4 beta

QuickSilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have already checked this, but before you buy another one, locate the fuse for the radiator fan and replace it with a spare, especially since you've already replaced the fan once.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've dismantled & rebuilt my electric rad fan twice. Power is getting to the fan but the four carbon brushes inside are badly warn. Perhaps I can get just new brushes from a local electrical supply shop.

I tried Canada Parts Online but all I could find were universal rad fans not replacement stock rad fans. I'd prefer to go with that.

The stock fan is two speed, does anybody know when speed 2 cuts in?

Last edited:

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, earlier this week I was driving past a wrecking yard so I stopped in and picked up a used electric rad fan ($125).

This weekend I'll drop it in see if it improves my engine cooling.

sent from my Galaxy SIII & Tapatalk4 beta