Wrecked KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone figure what happened to this guy? I saw elsewhere. No one knows!

I might say that it looks like an impact on the back passenger side by another vehicle? Maybe???

You must be registered for see images

2003KJ

Reaction score
holy hell, did the axle pop out during the colision, or did whoever's got it now take it out?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking more about it, the tire had to take the impact, and it shot back as the KJ went out, at least enough to make it break off. But what would have done that out wheeling? Someone must have run into him?

Or someone just had way too much fun!

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like they got sideswipped from the front. Prehaps a much larger rig that perhaps climbed then hooked the reat axle. It popped the Rt rear tire off the rim (Very strong impact to do that) and then ripped the whole rear end out of the Libby. Looks pretty new too as there isn't much rust on the differential. NASTY!

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow1.gif I've been to a lot of accidents and a lot of times it's hard to tell what the (censored) happened especially when given such a tight crop on the picture like that. If there was more of the environment there to see tire/underbody tracks it'd be a lil helpful. Looking at it it seems like something hit in the wheel hub area. but not high enough nor hard enough to break the glass. Looks like he may have spun around and got the front end clipped too cause the front fender flare is missing. All I can think is some vehicle sitting low and heavy T-boned it and maybe sent it into a ditch and a back wheel took the hit in the ditch and instead of rolling the axle popped off. That just seams impossible, wow. Maybe the thing that it him got the KJ's tire with the front passenger side and hooked on and ripped it out. headscratch.gif

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh bless. Looks like it took it pretty good since it did tare the entire axle out. Maybe someone tied a steel cable to it then to a pole and as he took off it ripped it out. \:D/

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Ohh bless. Looks like it took it pretty good since it did tare the entire axle out. Maybe someone tied a steel cable to it then to a pole and as he took off it ripped it out. \:D/

Tying a cable to an axle will only result in a busted cable.
Seen it on Mythbusters. 8-[

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
priell3 said:
jeepjeepster said:

I did too, thats what made me think of it, I was just trying to get a laugh. O:) :-s

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it amazing none of the windows shattered and still in tact (after such a severe impact).

dano104

Reaction score
priell3 said:
jeepjeepster said:

Depends on the diameter of the cable! :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
dano104 said:
priell3 said:
jeepjeepster said:

Depends on the diameter of the cable! :)

I seem to recall seeing this episode as well. IRRC, they never successfully got the axle ripped out from underheat the crown-vic....they just shifted it a little....as a matter of fact, on their 1st run, they almost ran the car into a damn wall...LOL.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazing that it actualy BENT the axle tube, but all the windows are intact. :-k

Can you immagine the force it would take to rip the axle out? between the suspension and driveline... WOW.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
all that force, and the windows are still intact...wtf
imagine a would be thief..takes a bat..and whacks the windows........cept...he just gets shaken up..like in those cartoons.....shakes all over...

keeps trying to break the windows..but he cant.......

LoL

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
all that force, and the windows are still intact...wtf
imagine a would be thief..takes a bat..and whacks the windows........cept...he just gets shaken up..like in those cartoons.....shakes all over...

keeps trying to break the windows..but he cant.......

LoL

Maybe it has to do with the curve of the windows, that would make the alot stronger.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog..................Where did the picture come from??? Was it down the street from your place or off the net? Would be interesting to find out what happened - huh -

Dave

PS - so where is it ??? get the address. I need parts............get our moderator to post it with the address under KJ parts and we all can strip it.........There'll just be a handfull of those skidplate zerk-nut thingies in the sand.....ya know we'll clean up the environment and get kudos and such.................You could have first dibs on the back door and tires.............

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, I'm not sure where it came from, nor did who I got it from. Sorry! Yeah, I'd like to know the story as well.