Wrangler ST blackwall vs. Wrangler AT/D2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Thank you to everyone who posted.

I purchased the Goodyear Wrangler ST (blackwall) tires from the independent service center I mentioned in my initial post. I could not find anything better at the price ($378), and I felt comfortable replacing the OE tires with the same.

Do you enjoy life, love, and the pursuit of happiness?

Then do yourself and the rest of the motoring public a huge favour!

Buy some REAL TIRES!

Because those Goodyear Wrangler ST tires?
I wouldn't even make a tyre swing out of that recycled 20 year old bubble gum!
They won't even provide any traction for a child sitting in one while swinging from a tree!

***** matter does not even describe those tires!
I had them on a Brand new work truck that I drove 12-16 hours a day...
For the first two days I had my brand new work truck.
The third day I had real tyres installed on my work truck and the bloke who mounted my new rubber asked me what I was going to do with these near "New" tyres.

"I'll show you!"

I ran a 6 inch razor sharp blade through the side walls of all 5 tires!

A used condom would probably be safer!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan, you're wasting your typing talents.

All we can be thankful for is that it ain't OUR ride home...and we can only hope that he lives nowhere near us.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Ryan, you're wasting your typing talents.

All we can be thankful for is that it ain't OUR ride home...and we can only hope that he lives nowhere near us.

Ya know, I've never used this acronym yet.
LOL!

That was funny!
I guess some folks just don't get it, or they don't believe what we write!

So... What ever!

Cheers

TBJ!

Ry'

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now regret having posted a thank you/update. I sincerely appreciated all of the advice and wanted to let you know that it was helpful--in particular ThunderbirdJunkie’s and budke’s comments on the Sam’s Club Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2 tire, which I was planning to purchase. After reading their comments, I decided against that tire.

None of the tires I posted as under consideration received a unanimous endorsement. Even the BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tours were from Sam’s Club, which ThunderbirdJunkie did not enthusiastically support. The Firestone Destination LE tires seemed to be viewed as acceptable if the only other options were the tires I listed as being under consideration.

If I had put on an off-brand tire and then posted about how I thought I had made a much better choice in spite of your advice, I could understand some of your comments, but I read every single post, gave each one a lot of consideration, and then made the decision I believed best (and as I said above, your comments did influence me).

I never had a problem with the OE Wrangler ST tires. Thousands of Jeeps are rolling on those tires. Feel free to criticize those tires all you want, but I should not be singled out as somehow irresponsible because I went with the OE replacements.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
No, it was the old-style Long Trail that was not supported on this end. The Long Trail Tour is the best pavement-pounder tire currently available.

Latest posts

Members online