Wrangler Soft Top Cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like I am going to be detailing the neighbor's Wrangler next weekend. More likely than not, it will have a soft-top on. What is the best way to safely clean a soft-top? I have absolutely no experience with those. Oh, and I will be sure to post pics afterwords. :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're near a 25 cent car wash, the high pressure spray/rinse and foam brush do a good job without having to do it by hand. Otherwise, use a good old fashioned G.I. scrub brush, soap and water. Wipe off with a damp towel and let air dry.

We'll be waiting on the pictures....

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than washing it like you do the rest of the paint, I wouldnt do anything special. Do not use any harsh cleaners or anything like that; just a good car wash soap will be fine.

There really isnt much you can do to protect the soft top. Many people ask this question on detailing forums. If you are trying to make the soft top look better, tell me and Ill see if I can find anything about that..

Last edited: