Wrangler bumper on a KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwishkk

Reaction score
Hi All,
My wife has a 2011 KK and wants to make it look more like an offroad jeep and the price of the ath front bumper is crazy. Has anyone made a mounting backing or anything like it to be able to put any wrangler off road bumpers on it? Would be willing to buy a set if anyone has or if they have specs to make one I could get one fabricated near me. In Connecticut

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen it done and it looks terrible aesthetically. Either the unibody sticks out from behind the wrangler bumper, or the person cuts the unibody up to make it look better and compromises the stability/safety of their chassis. I would not recommend doing this.

The cost of a KK ATH bumper is in the ballpark of other specialty offroad bumpers (not wrangler bumpers). For example, look up ARB bumpers for the KJ and you will see ATH is similar or cheaper. The ATH bumper is superior craftsmanship over an Ebay wrangler bumper, and it fits the KK perfectly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Making it "look more like a off roader " and throwing a Wrangler bumper on is two completely different things
As Mr Howard stated and he said it nicely it looks terrible with a Wrangler bumper

KKinTexas

Reaction score
I have an ATH bumper on my 2010. Craftsmanship is great. Highly recommend it. You get what you pay for. And if you want to mount a winch, it's all set to go!